Looking for a low buck dual sport jacket? Check this out

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I figured why not let you guys know of a good deal
Thanks for the heads up klx678. Ordered one yesterday, it arrived today. Added a $.25 sticker to the cart to get free shipping. First impressions are good, great value for the price. Lots of pockets and zippered ventilation. Can give better feedback after I get a chance to try it, hopefully later this week.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:39 AM
1st Gear Member

Got to try out the jacket this morning, chilly 37°F. Had plenty of room for extra layers underneath, and the extra length provided a little additional warmth over my usual leather jackets. One observation is that the internal zipped pocket is on the right side. Maybe it's supposed to be easier to access while riding or something, but seems backwards for right-handers like myself. Sleeve length is sufficient, and the torso feels like it would easily accommodate the "American" physique (larger midsection). Fit and finish is good but not exceptional, and I still feel like the jacket is a great deal at $100.

On a side note, the KLX wouldn't start this morning. First time that's ever happened. Seemed to be cranking slower than usual, but otherwise everything seemed normal. Will investigate when I get home.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Lining

How about the liner? I find no mention of it in the sales literature.

Is it quilted? Zip out? Etc?

Old 04-14-2016, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Oldad
How about the liner? I find no mention of it in the sales literature.

Is it quilted? Zip out? Etc?
The jacket doesn't have a liner. Like Klim gear you add your layers.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snowdrifter
Got to try out the jacket this morning, chilly 37°F. Had plenty of room for extra layers underneath, and the extra length provided a little additional warmth over my usual leather jackets. One observation is that the internal zipped pocket is on the right side. Maybe it's supposed to be easier to access while riding or something, but seems backwards for right-handers like myself. Sleeve length is sufficient, and the torso feels like it would easily accommodate the "American" physique (larger midsection). Fit and finish is good but not exceptional, and I still feel like the jacket is a great deal at $100.

On a side note, the KLX wouldn't start this morning. First time that's ever happened. Seemed to be cranking slower than usual, but otherwise everything seemed normal. Will investigate when I get home.
Can you give us an idea on sizing by giving your dimensions so others can decide what may work for them?

Old 04-14-2016, 07:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy
Can you give us an idea on sizing by giving your dimensions so others can decide what may work for them?
I'm 6'1" and about 165lbs (i.e. tall and skinny, medium chest and no gut) so finding gear that's long enough without being ridiculously loose can be tough. I looked for a size chart before ordering, but couldn't find anything, so went with the "large". My other Fieldsheer jackets are 44 and 46 iirc. As mentioned, I'm happy with the sleeve length, and though the torso is a bit baggier than I would prefer, it's still usable and will allow plenty of room for additional warmth layers. The fit will probably be better on the "average American" physique.

Also, I feel like the actual color of the green jacket is more green than is depicted on the website. Not a bad thing at all, it just looks more brownish in the pictures than what the actual jacket is. Very pleased with the purchase so far.

Old 04-15-2016, 03:20 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice Jacket, mine is 9 years old and has seen better days.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I am really happy that so many riders have benefited from this good deal.

FWIW I am 5'6", around 195, 42 chest and unfortunately around 42" waist - yes, I'm fat, but have good cholesterol levels etc. I fit a large very well with room. Sleeves are a bit long, but I have a short upper body and arms, so normal for me. I like the double action zipper, enabling me to zip the bottom open a bit to keep the coat from sliding up. That was one problem I had with my old Heine Gericke Boost.

Hope everyone is happy if they bought on my suggestion. The guys at ADVrider seem to concur it is a good deal, especially considering the price. One guy there said he bought one at the full price about a year or so ago and would do it again. He bought another because of the price.

Good ridin' to ya all.