Local Cops

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Local Cops

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525

i have gotten pulled over 4 times for "being a dirt bike on the road" sucks.... then i say.... um im allowed on the road, one cop said some one called in and said there was a dirt bike riding on the street..... someone actually called in and 'told on" me [:@]
People can be dikcheads. One guy put a rope across the street as I was coming down on My mx 360. It was real loud & not road legal, but still.......

Old 05-07-2008, 12:20 AM

It was a good thing that you saw the rope, but it was stupid for the gut to put the rope up someone could have gottem hurt. Not the person riding the bike

Old 05-23-2008, 07:51 PM
1st Gear Member

around here i havent really had a problem with the bike they dont look twice, and over in delaware you can ride motorcycles with no helmet, why that is i couldnt tell you sience people in delaware cant drive and driving on major roads and highways without a helmet is stupid, but i find myself without a helmet from time to time when i go on breaks and work over in delaware

Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

i have gotten pulled over 4 times for "being a dirt bike on the road" sucks.... then i say.... um im allowed on the road, one cop said some one called in and said there was a dirt bike riding on the street..... someone actually called in and 'told on" me [:@]
People can be dikcheads. One guy put a rope across the street as I was coming down on My mx 360. It was real loud & not road legal, but still.......
Hmmm, as far as im concerned stringing a rope accross the road is the same as taking a swing at me with a baseball bat, i mean you can do serious damage to someone with that. If i saw someone doing that i would definietly pistol whip them with my helmet. A few years back some local farmers got tired of street bikes racing on a twisty country road here, so they poured marble size gravel into all the corners, a friend of mine was riding his vintage BMW with his girlfirend on the back and hit the gravel, their white knuckle ride through the ditch could have been much worse....

Old 05-23-2008, 10:59 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: durden

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

Hmmm, as far as im concerned stringing a rope accross the road is the same as taking a swing at me with a baseball bat, i mean you can do serious damage to someone with that. If i saw someone doing that i would definietly pistol whip them with my helmet. A few years back some local farmers got tired of street bikes racing on a twisty country road here, so they poured marble size gravel into all the corners, a friend of mine was riding his vintage BMW with his girlfirend on the back and hit the gravel, their white knuckle ride through the ditch could have been much worse....
I was all of 15 at the time and was scared of getting nailed for illegally riding on the road. But, I should have retaliated in some way. I just never was good at revenge.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

My dad said cops usually double-take when they see him, but down here in the boot they look for the plate and if they see it they leave you alone. I'll be testing this out soon enough with my bike... I'll be doing a lot of short (less than 5 miles) trips to school and back mostly (aside from all the trails) and I always see cops.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:02 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Local Cops/my trip

Glad to see this forum is still alive! Just got back from a cross country trip that took a week. Will add details and pics tomorrow

Old 05-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Local Cops/my trip

Son, end off story, $5.00 head $5.00 helmet. Maybe one day you will grow up to be an OLDPFARTE like me.