LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by flateric
Do u also live in Seattle? :-)
No.. but If I did I would implode from all the similarities!

Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 AM

New to the site, new to ownership currently at 77 miles 2010 klx250, and loving it. I wanted to know where some of you got your rear fender racks, a good vendor(s). Also if they fit the 2010 body style, which does not look all that different in the rear fender area. Also, good advice on realistic break in theory. 600 miles without going over 4k?

Old 06-04-2011, 01:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default yesterday's ride

Pretty well done farkling for now

I like the 13 tooth front sprocket, I can still cruise the Hwy at 60 and go slow on trails when I need to. The K&N air filter and carb re-jet helps a lot.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Added some farklism today. Good thing the temperature here in Texas is down to 100. It took me awhile to change out the bars. Nobody ever mentioned anything about those little nubbies in the control housing that need to be ground down. It took a little thought on how to fit the handguards without having to hack off the clutch and brake levers. The skid plate had me crawling around on the ground and with a broken collar bone, it was a little tough getting it installed.

I added the Mega-Bomb and removed the airbox lid and surprisingly, I really didn't notice much more engine noise. However, I am definitely running too lean now. If I get brave enough and/or a cold front blows through Texas lowering the temperature to 99 de-grees, Ill install the DJ jetting kit tomorrow. I still need to change up my gearing and spoon on the D606s.

Maybe in February.

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-farkles-003800.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-farkles-004800.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-farkles-006800.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-farkles-007800.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-farkles-009800.jpg  

Old 06-05-2011, 04:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biff-a-nator
Added some farklism today. Good thing the temperature here in Texas is down to 100. It took me awhile to change out the bars. Nobody ever mentioned anything about those little nubbies in the control housing that need to be ground down. It took a little thought on how to fit the handguards without having to hack off the clutch and brake levers. The skid plate had me crawling around on the ground and with a broken collar bone, it was a little tough getting it installed.

I added the Mega-Bomb and removed the airbox lid and surprisingly, I really didn't notice much more engine noise. However, I am definitely running too lean now. If I get brave enough and/or a cold front blows through Texas lowering the temperature to 99 de-grees, Ill install the DJ jetting kit tomorrow. I still need to change up my gearing and spoon on the D606s.

Maybe in February.
Where are you in Texas?

Old 06-05-2011, 05:28 AM
1st Gear Member

With my plate here I do not have to wash it any more often then I would normally clean the bike.

I'm planning a ride into Austin from Houston next weekend. I'll be stopping off for fuel and some photo ops along the way. The largest rally in Texas is there this weekend, hopefully I get some amazing photos! And yes I am buying a real camera

My taillight is painfully bright!

Oh and yesterday I was on a ride with a buddy, we rode all day and on the way home my bike died. Had a good friend rescue me and we took the bike back to his house. I think the float bowl stuck or something.. couldn't figure it out but we reassembled the carb and it started up just fine. Hopefully it never happens again?

His garage with a billion bikes in it. There's a DRZ400SM and a WR450SM in there somewhere, plus my red gripped minitard

Mods:
Cycra Supermoto front fender
FMF Powercore 4 muffler
DynoJet rejet kit
Custom tail piece
Moose countersprocket
Protaper CR High bars/risers with an inch cut off each side

Up next:
Guts seat foam retrofitted
Airbox delete/ Pod filter
Rerouted battery/overflow
Fiberglass side panels
Dog Bones 1" raise links

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060411235326.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060411235241.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060411235634.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060311194714.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060311201859.jpg  

Old 06-05-2011, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm on the west side of Houston.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Biff-a-nator
I'm on the west side of Houston.
Join the supermoto ride tomorrow night: Tuesday Night Supermoto/Motard - MotoHouston.com

Old 06-07-2011, 02:43 PM

lol, I have that bike also and I love it. Where did you find the rack for the rear?

Old 06-08-2011, 03:00 AM
Thumbs up The red bike from Skagit County

What is the vendor for that rack? What are your handguards, I tried to put the ones they sold me today, and they don't fit! I feel the pain of no seat padding already and I only have 330 miles on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-060411_klx_mc.jpg  

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs