Kouba extended fuel mixture screw?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Kouba extended fuel mixture screw?

Hey guys, after doing all my mods at the beginning of the year, I've noticed that it seems as if my bike is running rich, mostly after riding on the highways but have noticed poor fuel mileage, and some popping/back firing on the streets, it is just more announced when getting off the highway. Anyways, I'm 95% sure I'm running a little too rich but the only issue is trying to adjust the mixture screw while the bike is running. I did a little research on an extended mixture screw and I came across the Kouba FS-2 extended T handle mixture screw. I've contacted multiple motorcycle shops local to me and nobody carries any aftermarket mixture screw for my bike and was wondering what anyone else recommended. From what I've read the Kouba FS-2 seems like the way to go but the only issue is the $25 minimum purchase order when the screw is only $16, I can't really think of anything else I could use for my bike atm.
Any thoughts on the Kouba FS-2 screw? Or does anyone have another location to buy this part? Or does anyone recommend something different?
Inputs will be appreciated, thanks guys.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

They are cool, but not necessary. I just used a screwdriver bit to adjust mine. I was able to reach in from the left side and adjust it correctly, before the bike got too hot to touch.
Once it's adjusted, not much need to touch it again, so I couldn't see spending the money.
Are you going to the Whitehorse Press open house in May?

Old 04-26-2013, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 for the screwdriver bit. Once set in the groove you can twist it with your fingers. It's not very tight.

Old 04-26-2013, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

The screw you mention is great I can adjust it with fingers only even if I'm in a swamp. Mine has not moved since I installed it but I do check it every so often, Don't remember where I got it though.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I seem to have the hardest time trying to adjust it while its running and the bike seems to get hot too fast haha... I think I am gonna get the extended screw just for the easier access.

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Are you going to the Whitehorse Press open house in May?
Had no clue about it until I just googled it haha, We'll see if I'll be going, I'm probably going to have to work then

Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Installed mine 2 weeks ago.

Worth every penny.

FYI I purchased the long screw, not the press-on extension.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Buy 2, and post here again to see if someone wants to buy the extra one from you.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Old 04-27-2013, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Just found this site the other day , you can order just one from Carlscycles. I too used the screw driver bit so i didnt find getting this necessary. Still tempted to get one though haha

Extended Replacement Fuelscrew FS-2 from Koubalink Motorcycle Lowering Links

Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Got my kouba screw in and installed, just wondering, what seems to be the normal turns out for this screw on the 250? I keep moving between 1 and 1.5 and can't seem to figure out what is best, getting a lot of popping on decel the more out I am so too rich?

Quick Reply: Kouba extended fuel mixture screw?