KLX250S Stalls/Comp Resets/Wont Restart

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Going from memory...

the two black lines obviously are for fuel and reserve.

The two light brown/grey lines going from parts of the top of the tank and gas cap down through the shock to the ground are vent lines.

I removed my collector bottle and capped it with a vinyl cap long ago cuz it looks cleaner. it won't hurt if the cap or collector bottle is missing... at least in terms of running.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 AM
1st Gear Member

That's what I was afraid of... I was blindly hoping that those lines had a more important venting function that was being cut off haha.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:57 AM
1st Gear Member

The light brown/grey lines?

They do provide an important venting function

Old 01-28-2013, 03:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I just meant it sounds like the cobweb wouldn't have been interfering with their function too much to cause the bike from running...

Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

probably not... but maybe, hard to tell from my laptop.

If we were gambling I'd put my money on the carb... but then again it's hard to tell from my laptop.

I'm getting cabin fever... I wish my bike was broke so I could have a fun project, then again I guess I could do my re-jet, valve check... need a good torque wrench still though. :-)

Old 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow, I just entered a new emotional low in this whole process. I am now utterly discouraged. I decided to take the entire carb apart one more time and give every last thing a spray with some carb cleaner and double check that nothing was blocked up. Upon going to reassemble the carb, however, I realized that I had never seen the needle jet during disassembly, and I immediately panicked. I do all my detailed work like that on a very well lit work bench/counter, and there is no way that little tiny piece fell anywhere without me hearing it and/or seeing it. I retraced every last step I took since I started working on the carb, and the damn thing is absolutely gone.

Thing is, I remembered back to when I gutted and reassembled the carb the other night, and I'm thinking that the needle jet was missing at that point as well, because I distinctly remember NOT having to deal with getting that little piece all lined up correctly for the needle to stick thru, which has usually been a bit of a pain. If indeed the needle jet was missing from my carb for a long time, there's no way the thing would have run whatsoever, right?

I need to walk away from this for awhile now, because something is not working on my side here. I've had this bike stripped down so many times and never had any serious issues until this go-around. I'm tempted to push this hunk of scrap metal up North Table Mtn right now and sail it off the highest cliff while on fire. Someone please convince me otherwise.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Well if you don't have a DJ Kit... now is an excellent time to install one :-D

Old 01-28-2013, 09:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Well if everyone pushed their troubles off that mt, there would be a lot bigger mt created from the trash.
Sounds like you might have found the problem with the web.
Trick I use to find parts on the floor. Get a flashlight, get on hands & knees and aim the flashlight parallel to the floor and look around. Any small part will be hit with the light and be immediately visible.
I can't pick up anything, put it down and turn around and find it 50% of the time, and it is getting worse.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
Well if everyone pushed their troubles off that mt, there would be a lot bigger mt created from the trash.
Sounds like you might have found the problem with the web.
Trick I use to find parts on the floor. Get a flashlight, get on hands & knees and aim the flashlight parallel to the floor and look around. Any small part will be hit with the light and be immediately visible.
I can't pick up anything, put it down and turn around and find it 50% of the time, and it is getting worse.
I have the same problems with misplacing my beer... and it's getting worse too!

Old 01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey at least you lost an easy and cheap part to replace. Once you get this bike running again you'll never let it go. Too much invested in blood, sweat, and tears. Take the week off and come back to it and you'll have it fixed in 20 minutes.

Quick Reply: KLX250S Stalls/Comp Resets/Wont Restart