KLX250 Vs. CRF450X

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:30 AM
Default KLX250 Vs. CRF450X

I ride with my boss who just got a 05 CRF450X a few months ago. I have a 04 YZ450F ( for the track ) and my 06' KLX 250 for the woods ( I nicked named the cadillac for its smooth ride not matter what )

Anyway this guy talks about his honda 450 like it the fastest and baddest bike ever made by man. I offer to drag race him on the street on my KLX 250. He jumps at the offer then BARLEY beats me. Then we drag race on dirt. The KLX won every time!!!!
When we are on the trails, my little caddy F**KS him up bad! All this with a 40 tooth on the back. I don't think it would take much for me to be able to beat him in a drag on te street.

I know his bike is faster, he just sucks.

So at the shop he is always telling everyone who bad his 450 is and the the only real bikes out there are RED. Forget that he had an eletrical problem and a clutch problem in the first 2 weeks. Both my bikes have never had any problems and I ride a lot faster and harder than he does.

Finally I get sick of hearing his crap at the shop and I tell all the guys I'm going to ask him to do a drag race on the street with my YZ450. He denined. So a couple of weeks ago I bring my 450 to the shop. He gets pressured in to racing my 450 and he finally gives in. With everyone watching he gets his A$$ handed to him before I was in second gear. I rode a wheelie in thrid and forth just for style because at that point he was about 10 yards behinde me. LOL

Old 12-01-2006, 02:11 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX250 Vs. CRF450X

awsome!

dont get me started on my problems with the klx[:'(][>:]

what mods have you done to the klx?

Old 12-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Wow, you really cleaned your boss's clock .... how smart is that!!!

Now might be a good time to ask for a raise

Old 12-01-2006, 02:42 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice LOL. well if he did some real serching before he bought his bike than he would have know that those bikes suck a@@. because everyone is trying to get rid of them. you can always find one in the paper. nice going again.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I would have to agree. My friend has a CRF 450 and when go down the road that thing smokes me! NO KLX 250 can beat a CRF 450 in a drag race. Like Iowaguy said YZF 450 KXF 450 or any other 450, and now you have a race![sm=signs007.gif]

Old 12-01-2006, 07:03 PM

Perhaps I didn't read it or get the same information as y'all.

I see where he was telling folks how poor of a rider his boss really is, that even with a bike that should run away and hide from his KLX250S, he can't beat him off road.

Hey, I've seen folks in superior cars lose the race because they can't drive. It carries over to other vehicles too!

Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Just goes to show that the rider makes all the difference.

Old 12-02-2006, 01:34 AM

I never said that a KLX250S is faster than a CRF450X. I know that the 450 is much much faster. I admited that he beat me on the road ( barley ) but he never won in the dirt.

The reason I was able to preform so well on a bike that is about 15lbs heavier ( not including the extra lbs of bottled water that I carry for everyone in my cooler bag on my rear fender rack) and a motor with at least 20hp less is that I've been riding dirt bikes all my life and he has only riden for a short period of time. I just think its funny that he gets put in his place by a KLX250 STREET LEGAL bike after he brags all week about how bad a$$ his bike is.

But I will say that my YZ450 is faster that a CRF450R and much much faster than a CRF450X.

Mods to my KLX simply include:
1. gutted muffler ( cadalitic converter left in tact ) muffler is gutted and a 1" exit pipe welded at the end cap. Sounds good, not really loud due to the converter is left stock.

2. Rejetted ( I had this done for me so I don't know what size jetts are in it. I'm a welder/ fabricator, not a carb man. lol )

3. Drilled out vent hole in air box

4. Twin Air air filter for a YZ450. Air box cover removed.

5. 40 tooth aluminum rear sproket ( purchased by mistake for my YZ but then machined center to fit the KLX )

Does anyone know if a big bore kit from another kawsaki would work on our KLXs?

Old 12-02-2006, 02:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Just goes to show that the rider makes all the difference.

Nobrakes you are right! I was down at the local motocross track and I was watching them practice. Then it was the experts turn so they cleared the track of all riders and then came out 8 to 10 riders all riding 450s and one 11 year old riding a KX85. I said to myself what is this kid doing he is going to get hurt. Well I was wrong this kid was awesome!! I could not believe my eyes!! He had passed all the riders except 2 of them! He battled for second for a while but the 450s would pull away from him in the straights, But When it came to the turns, doubles and the whoops he was all over him battling for second place. If I did not see it with my own eyes I would not have believed it!!!! It just goes to show you that its the rider and not the bike!! After talking to some of the racers their we were all in agreement that he was the most talented 11 year old we ever seen.

Quick Reply: KLX250 Vs. CRF450X