KLX needed a friend

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: KLX needed a friend

ORIGINAL: deej

Well it looks great. I wish just once I could ride a bike like that, you kn ow just for reference. Not that I would buy on........or maybe I would and that would not be good. My garage is full already.
Up until today I have never ridden a sport bike. Years ago I rode a KZ750 for a little bit. It was an older one and nothing like this. I took it out twice and I just took to it. It is a bike to really have respect for!

One bad thing to do, sit on one! []

Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 AM

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

Damn if it dont look just like a 2000 ZX6R .. .here's a pic of mine (2000 ZX6R). Nice bike Warren.

Name:  bonnie029.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  118.2 KB

Old 11-20-2007, 04:30 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh great!!! Now I want the green one.....thanks for nothing.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:33 AM
IG

yep, that's what I said in my post. it's just a 2000-whenever they changed that bike design. I think it has one of the coolest front-ends on any bike of any make currently. those new ZX's are just getting so extreme looking that it is taking away from the appearance imo. I liked it when the exhausts came right out from under the seat and now they're making it really low and making it seem like it's part of the bodywork. I don't like it. Under the seat is the coolest in my book if you're buying the most cutting edge sportbike. But I also like the older CBR F4i's. These bikes are traditional looking and aren't being built to be the most extreme looking futuristic models like the new ZX10 and GSX-R's. Plus, the price tags have gotten out of hand. I remember when my '91 and '93 ZX7's were expensive at $6999 and $7399 respectively. Now you can't touch a 750 for anywhere close to that. My '96 GSX-R 750, the year that bike turned every sportbike on it's head, was like $9000 and I think could still hold it's own to any current 750. They haven't gotten that much better to merit a $10,500 price tag. I still love your new bike and good job going with it over that 650 Ninja. That's more of a girly/beginner bike although not bad considering it has around 65 horsepower for a twin and a cool frame.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I'm old and slow,was thinking of a Versys, dont need the hyper thingy, still got my RD350 two smoke,1981 model 1978km"s on the clock

Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Dang they look the same! I love the front of the ninjas they just look so damn good.
Cheers!

Old 11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new bike!! You can never have enough!!!
Now the question that has been bugging me: Since you are officially a Mole, and you just became a Slab ****, Does that make you a Mole ****?

Oh well, just have a lot of fun with them!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice aquire.....I myself have been looking at the Z1000,FZ1,or a KTM super duke...so far i'm leaning towards the KTM......after i rode a Suzuk TL1000R and then tried a KTM they were the closest in the power curve that i wanted .....however the KTM is like a sofa but with a lion in sheeps clothing feel.
You got a good bike and happy motoring and hope you have time to stay in the dirt after you really start ripping corners.have fun with your new ride!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bonafide

ORIGINAL: warsanrotts

Damn if it dont look just like a 2000 ZX6R .. .here's a pic of mine (2000 ZX6R). Nice bike Warren.

Damn!! Almost the same bike. Thanks for posting the pic!! Cooling seeing the two of them. I live in MN so I already brought it in my house for the winter. Just lucky to get it out yesterday after getting it if only for 6 miles. (brought it home on my trailer) I can't wait for some nice weather to ride it again. Going to be a nice spring!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vfrpilot

Congrats on the new bike!! You can never have enough!!!
Now the question that has been bugging me: Since you are officially a Mole, and you just became a Slab ****, Does that make you a Mole ****?

Oh well, just have a lot of fun with them!!!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] I kind of like it in a weird way[8D] Maybea good one for the PWI sig when I get there!!!???

Quick Reply: KLX needed a friend