klx and harleys

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
Too bad for you, maybe you should move to the USA then.
Not likely mate!

Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:
Our land abounds in nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare,
In history's page let every stage
Advance Australia fair,.......

Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Uhh look around, we are not on top of our game right now. Australia is looking pretty good.

Harley's must be cheap in Des Moines. In Cali the low end Harley is about the same price as the Vulcan. I rode both, the Vulcan is SO MUCH NICER. A buddy bought the new 900 Vulcan - sweet ride.

I rode a '05 Harley (a friends). I bought the '05 Honda Shadow. Money, ride, everything about them made that a "no brainer" comparision.

As for America. We need to play the compeditive game a little better...

Strange talking about the Harley on th KLX forum, So I'll attempt to come full circle and end by saying that the Shadow and the KLX make my set of toys in the stable very diverse. I like the both, in very diferent ways.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:46 AM
1st Gear Member

hey troll (IG) go annoy the suzuki forums will ya

Old 01-26-2009, 05:09 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
hey troll (IG) go annoy the suzuki forums will ya
LOL, aahh, did I hit a nerve Mav?
A troll? I've been around here just three months less than you and probably have more posts combined than you. I've owned three dual-sports in that time and modded all of them. I get weekly pm's asking advice on even the DRZSM. Call me a troll if you want, but more people like me here than not.

Slapdrum- yeah, I'll admit the new 900 Vulcan is a nice looking bike, but it's like a fake Cobra. It may look the part, but it's still just a poser with no value in the future when put up against the real thing. The Honda Spirit is in that group as well, but imo, a bit further down on the ladder since it has no rear disc brake.
As far as Australia vs. USA- LMAO. What can they brag about historically? The great barrier reef? ok, I'll give them that. lmao
It's all good though bro.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
As far as Australia vs. USA- LMAO. What can they brag about historically? The great barrier reef? ok, I'll give them that. lmao
It's all good though bro.
Casey Stoner, Wayne Gardner, Mick Doohan, Chad Reed, Shane Watts......Shall I go on.
We know how to ride a bike, that's for sure.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I'll give you Chad Reed, but he can't and never could hold a candle to RC or Mc. Doohan reaped the rewards of Rainey's injury.

oh, what about MX des nations?

Last edited by 09KLXowner; 01-26-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like Hayden choked when Stoner stepped up. Where is he now?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Ha, you fellas... Funny coming from all grown men, arguing about Harleys. As far as a poser brand, I am pretty sure you will find most biker posers flock to harleys.
My father has the 900 vulcan, it's pretty fun bike tho.. I guess if you're into cruisers. Nice on a warm summer day to go for a short cruise. I wouldn't buy a cruiser any time soon for a "fun" bike, but maby a commuter bike. Too boring

Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by green242
Ha, you fellas... Funny coming from all grown men, arguing about Harleys. As far as a poser brand, I am pretty sure you will find most biker posers flock to harleys.
My father has the 900 vulcan, it's pretty fun bike tho.. I guess if you're into cruisers. Nice on a warm summer day to go for a short cruise. I wouldn't buy a cruiser any time soon for a "fun" bike, but maby a commuter bike. Too boring
I recommend riding a 1200 Sportster (2004 or newer). They are anything but boring. If all you've got to go off of for cruisers is that little 900 kawi, you're comparing a Mustang V6 to a Mustang GT500. The Sportster 1200 makes you hold on.

Aus- Hayden has never been "the man"- he's a babied "name".
But is that all ya got? What about the MXDesNations and my Doohan/Rainey point? nothin?
RC/Mc? still nothin? your continent has two good riders basically is what you're sayin? And one of them pulled a Chad Reed "championship" when his fiercest competitor went down. That leaves one who beat Nicky Hayden, which isn't a tall order at that caliber of racing. debate over looks like.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

I understand what you are saying, more smile power... But I just (personally) don't see as much fun crusing through twisties, or up and down main street, as much as the off road. I wish I could afford to race, but just find the road rather boaring.
On the street when you're not bored, (usually) you're either risking your lisence, or your life ALOT more than on the dirt.
Trust me, My 525 would eat my dads little 900 alive on the street.. I know it's not a big powered bike, just not in my intrest you know what I mean?

Quick Reply: klx and harleys