klx 250 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:38 AM
Default RE: klx 250 for sale

The problem is that these days everyone on the trails have cell phones,,, so the people riding their horses call,,so do the joggers,,the mountainbikers, dog walkers ,,hikers,,birdwatchers ,,,call and complain so the police have to respond. It seems like bull**** to me. It also appears that the dirtbike/ atv riders are the ONLY ones who cannot yse the land, even though the state had trippled the registration fees so we could ride legaly. Basically THE GOVERMENT stole the money that was set aside for purchace of the land to use. BUT what bothers me is I pay 10k a year in taxes and have to cross 2 bridges and drive 4 hours to legaly ride even though Long Island had more registered ATVS per square mile than anyware in the country. AS of know I purchaced a suzuki SP 500 for 250 bucks.. IF they want to impound it IF THEY CAN CATCH ME BECAUSE I AINT STOPPING they can keep the thing, But I am not giving them my KLX thats for sure. HERES my last rant for now ( this should **** alot of people off) NASSAU COUNTY has just past LAW, that if you get caught riding a skateboard in a county park you now face a 500 to 1000 dollar fine and they are going to impound the board. Imagine that. IT IS INSANE> what would you do if your 12 yearold came home with a 500-1000 dollar summons? WTF?

Old 11-26-2006, 05:04 AM
1st Gear Member

wow,

sorry guys, that sounds horrible... In addtion to having my bike impounded I'd have a couple hundred thousand dollars in unpaid skateboard fines if I lived there. Your right, thats NUTS...

Sounds like the tree huggers have pretty tight control of ALL the land, vs some land where they can sit and watch the grass grow while other land is put aside for DIVERSE USE outside of their personal liking..

Your always welcome over in South Jersey bro, let me know if you need any directions or info to get to a good parking place where the trails are easy to ride from.

Dave

Old 11-26-2006, 05:18 AM

Thanks Dave I most likley will be asking for directions soon,,, and the local classifieds with the homes for sale section LOL .

Old 11-26-2006, 05:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Any time man, just let me know.. Keep that bike, its soooo much fun!!

(I was really worried about moving to a "street legal" bike becuase I felt that there was not a lot of real dirt bike options in the light bike range to replace my VERY NIMBLE CR125R.)

This bike is the bomb!! Don't sell it...TRAILER IT...

Old 11-26-2006, 07:46 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

You know, I really don't think its so much the noise. There just seems to be a lot of people that want the public lands for their own private use. Here near where I live there's a something like 70000 acre park with tons of awesome trails on it. Motorcycles or ORVs can just forget it - flat out not allowed. There's only maybe two or three trails that are open to human powered bicycles known as MOUNTAIN BIKE's - everything else is for hikers, walkers, joggers. WTF???? These foot travelers for some reason just seem to get upset that they share the trails with bicycles, or even when they see bicycle tracks on "their" trails in the woods. I just don't understand that. Like I said, forget about even thinking about taking the KLX back there - stock muffler or not. As the mountain bikers will tell you, noise is apparently NOT the issue. Apparently its some feeling that they are not out in the wilderness when a mountain bike goes by and shatters that illusion. What gets me is how these public lands can be allowed to be closed off like this. There's hardly any place around here to get a good off-road ride in. And the places that there are, they are declared "Gamelands" and technically illegal for any motor vehicle. This is one of the reasons I find myself bushwhacking new trails quite often that skirt these "green" areas. It's pretty damn annoying.

Also, regarding the term "tree hugger". Seems the general consensus is to instead use the term "anti access.". Lots of folks, many dirt bikers included, are pro-environmental and like and protect trees just fine. There are a whole lot more people that would better identify with the our point of view that we are being denied access to publicly held property and the anti-access term tends to appeal to more people without potentially alienating folks who might be pro-environmental and thus "tree hugger" tends to blur the lines and make us look like we are anti-environmental which most of the time is not the case. We just want to get out there and enjoy the good trail riding - not clearcut and strip mine. We just want access. The anti-access folks want to shut out all but foot travel - even mountain bikers are being shut out, not as much as motorized vehicles, but they are, so it's not all about the noise.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:24 AM
1st Gear Member

well said... here in PA we are experiencing the same things..... the past 5 years or so riding areas have dramatically decreased for ATV's. The best part about it is all the while, when ATV's are purchased uncle sam is right their with his hand out for the exuberant taxes and reg fees but he doesnt seem to give a **** once the sale has been made.... i think the only way that things will ever be changed in regards to access disappearing (here and any other state) is to get organized... polititians couldnt give one **** less about one or two guys bitchin... get hundreds or thousands and the noise tends to get louder. heres to hopin that the future brings better times for all the ATV owners out their.

edit.
man whats up with the auto curse filter.. this isnt a kindergartener board ffs. lol

Old 11-26-2006, 01:38 PM
1st Gear Member

NOBRAKES,

Your point re: "Also, regarding the term "tree hugger". Seems the general consensus is to instead use the term "anti access.". Lots of folks, many dirt bikers included, are pro-environmental and like and protect trees just fine."

Is well founded in my opinion since, like you, I really love the woods and just want to share the space.

Thanks for the better verbiage/articulation!!

NOW, regarding the ANTI-ACCESS political groups, such as the SIERA CLUB and others that basically want to 'protect our land' from all but foot travel and bird watching (as Jerry Signfeld would say "not that theres anything wrong with that..") They are soooo bloody successful in passing such laws because of a VERY large base of ORGANIZED members and the successful use of lobbiest both at the state level and federal levels (That takes big $$$ which is another offshoot benifit of being highly organized.)

We need to get better organized to be in a position to influence our law makers.. And we need some strategies to combat those big $$$$$$$$ that the lobbiests get to wine and dine those in control of our land and laws.

Hows this for a lobbying strategy.... Find and befriend one law maker you know or someone you know lives near you and TAKE THEM RIDING once or twice to get them hooked!!! I did that with my boss both surfing and dirtbiking and now when its nice out or the waves are up hes way more flexible about my cutting out a bit early or comming in a bit late (provided I make up the time of course...)

Thoughts??

I have a free holder who works with me I can get out for a ride.. and his son would LOVE this...

Dave
(Undermining the established political norms, one rider at a time...)

Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I'm glad I live where I do, we have hundreds of miles of logging roads, trails, and forest service roads that are all legal to ride on. Even the DNR has jumped on the bandwagon and are opening up more roads by putting atv pass-through gates in like this one.
Name:  1.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  166.5 KB

Old 11-27-2006, 12:16 AM
1st Gear Member

No brakes you are right, noise is not the only issue here I do agree with you. Here in Long Island it is very populated and the noise is a big part of it. A while back I posted a video of me getting pulled over by the police and while the police officer was talking with me (in the distance) he could hear the loud exhaust of an dirt bike or ATV and then he was off to try to catch them. I am not trying to bash anybody with a loud exhaust, But here on Long Island its best we don't advertise to the police or complaining neighbors that we are riding in or on illegal land. Just to give an example, The people here on L.I. shut down a brand new Nuclear Power plant that cost us 3 billion dollars to build because they said it was not safe and bad for the environment. It ran for only one day before they shut it down..

Old 11-27-2006, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Way up here in Upstate NY near the Can. border all public roads have been outlawed for ATV use. All the atv and dirtbike signs came down and the snowmobile signs went up. They doubled our reg. fee last year and then this year we get a "free" one year extension because the state didn't know what to do with the "trail fee" money. Up here it started with one town being sued after an uninsured atv-er got hurt on public property. All neighboring towns closed down the roads to prevent potential lawsuits based on a loophole in the insurance policies. So until the towns/counties get their insurance policies re written its a complete wash as far as ATV use is considered. Even the state land is marked truck trails, so its a gray area and no one I've talked to knows for sure if its open or not, but there are trails coming off that say open for atv use. Needless to say the Sportsman 500 HO that I have another 3 yrs to pay for racked up 2000 miles in the first year and a half of owning it, this year between myself, my brother, and my father it has seen less than 2 tanks of gas (under 120 miles) but the KLX was ridden almost daily, snubbing all the signs etc because its a perfectly street legal vehicle.

End rant

How much do you want for the KLX?

Quick Reply: klx 250 for sale