Is it just me or is this board unfathomably slow???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Is it just me or is this board unfathomably slow???

I have been a member here since 2006 when I got my 2006 KLX250S. The forum has been getting slower and slower to the point now that it's so slow I almost never post here any more. This is a shame as there are tons of great info and great bunch of people here. I'm posting this on the KLX250S section as I have noticed this section is the slowest by far, as well as the fact that 99% of my posts are here.

I don't think it's just me as I have 4 gigs of RAM and I don't have any probleme with any other site.

Something on this board is sucking up a ton of memory.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: In North Western Jersey, but from Jackson, WY Originally

hardly ever visit the site.. I mean I joined MAYBE two months ago, and i've only visited it like twice... including this time. My posts are always brief and useless too for the record.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Just to be clear, when I say slow, I don't mean the traffic of members but the server speed.

Ironically as soon as I made this thread, the loading speed of the board has become remarkably faster...

Old 06-27-2010, 05:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey FM,

Seems a little slow but not bad, it must be you ....but the traffic seems waaaay down, no bashing or arguments about stupid stuff. I kinda miss the way it was

Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Hey FM,

Seems a little slow but not bad, it must be you ....but the traffic seems waaaay down, no bashing or arguments about stupid stuff. I kinda miss the way it was

Yeah those days were kinda fun. Iowa and all his Big Gun posts, the fight with that guy with the Cobra replica, DRZ400SM eats KLX250S alive threads, and the Harleys can do no wrong threads, lol. Also there was another guy with a Harley that went nutso and started calling out people and tell them FU, etc. Even called out deej who is about as nice of a guy as you are going to "meet" on a forum. A good chunk of that thread got deleted by a mod(not deej, this was before deej was a mod). Haha good times.

That being said, this has nothing to do with the problem at hand, the incredibly slow loading speed.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:44 PM
1st Gear Member

The server speed seems to be alright, at least what I am used to.

Even though I don't own a KLX I like to lurk here. I think the KLX250S & SF are cool bikes for what they are and can do. Also it is refreshing to go to a forum where the people are polite and truely enjoy sharing, riding and tinkering with their bikes.

Unfortunately with many forums is they get divided and subdivided into the lowest denomination. A house divided soon falls. Some folks forget why they ride and focus too much on what they ride.

The moderators do a great job here and it's one of the reasons I like to drop in for a lurk!

Back to the original topic of server speed... it seems to be working alright for what I am used to.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks Bearcat. That's very strange as all other sites for me are blazingly fast. It loads instantly except for this site which take anywhere from a few seconds to like 30 seconds.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Well it turns out, it was me. Klasjm PM'd me to clean out the corrupt cookies and that solved the problem.

I actually do this everyday on my work computer but haven't done so in a while on my home computer and alas some corrupt cookies collected on this site on my home computer.

I should run my crap cleaner too as I haven't in a while.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 AM
1st Gear Member

i would say its cus people have gotten smart and hit the search buttom, but i highly doubt that.

Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jacksonriding7
hardly ever visit the site.. I mean I joined MAYBE two months ago, and i've only visited it like twice... including this time. My posts are always brief and useless too for the record.
Wow, you've posted 126 times in 2 visits? You have lots to say.

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Hey FM,

I can fix that

Quick Reply: Is it just me or is this board unfathomably slow???