June 30th get together (NEPA)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 04:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: June 30th get together (NEPA)

ORIGINAL: Tumbleweed

At this point I think I can make it. This weekend we're going to the Seven Mountains dual sport event near State College. Hopefully if I don't tear anything up I should be able to make it toyour ride.

Ryan
Damn..I forgot that was comming up. I did it last year and it was a great ride! I would suggest setting a little more sag in the rear for that one and slide the forks down flush. The reason I say that is its real rocky and I had a real bad getoff due the soft front end (Explosive washout). The hero loops are great , so are the people.

Oh BTW watch out for the little guy on the bmw, he likes too pass on the fire roads at 100+ he broke 4 headlights that I know of due to the silly amounts of stone chucking roost. Really watch out for that guy..he rolls up in a 150k motorhome with his wife driving a truck withhis BMW in back. He can ride! just rude.

Sorry for the hijack

Old 06-14-2007, 12:51 PM

I,m up just keep me up to date I,m sure divo-Dave will be also.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:15 PM
1st Gear Member

just a bump for any1 that may not have seen this post before... i checked out the extended forecast for this area and so far were looking good... incase of bad weather the day of the ride ill post here with the cancellation. lets keep our fingers crossed [:@]

current riders:

Tumbleweed<
2k1w<
dive2you<
Joe W. (DRZ)<
digitaloverkill<

"<" denotes sent map, if ya havent got a map via PM gimme a yell.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Jsac I didn't get a map sent. I will try and pm Jeremy(coolchange) and see if he's in. I know he wanted to go in the original post.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:36 AM
1st Gear Member

what time are you expecting everyone to show up or when would you just so i can plan when to hit the road.

Old 06-22-2007, 01:56 PM
1st Gear Member

@2k1w, map sent, check ur pm

@digitaloverkill (and everyone else) id like to be able to hit the road by 9am. hope that isnt to early for everyone.

on a sidenote..... yesterday i went for a ride with my wife on the back of the bike... i did a slow speed wipe and slide on gravel (marbles) on top of hardpack wiht her on the back. needless to say she wasnt happy and had a few colorful words for me once we got up and stopped laughing. lol. so she tells me yesterday, "F*%K this, if someone is gonna kill me, its gonna be me, lets go get that motorcycle" she was talking about the yamaha 225 ive been eyein up for her. were goin to pick it up this afternoon

she has never been on a bike before so itll be awhile before shes ready to tear it up, but its the first step. ill bump this thread again the 28th to give a definite confirmation that the ride is still a go. only reason it wont be is weather.
ttyl guys

just remembered... cool change pm'd me, he wont be going, crackedrib i believe.

Old 06-22-2007, 02:01 PM
1st Gear Member

just give her the basics and hope for the best lol

Old 06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thats awsome..... i wanna teach my wife..... shes too scared right now. she freaks behind the bars...

Old 06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Just realized the date, I still dont have a front brake line if it doesnt come in by friday I wont be making it.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: digitaloverkill

Just realized the date, I still dont have a front brake line if it doesnt come in by friday I wont be making it.
damn that sucks.... is any1 coming that has a spare? if some1 has 1 we can throw it on here. keep us filled in.

Quick Reply: June 30th get together (NEPA)