i'm out

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 PM
1st Gear Member
Default i'm out

i never mentioned it in case things didn't work out, but i'd been searching for a pure off-road bike for a little while now. today i finalized the deal for my klx plus some cash in exchange for a brand new, leftover 2005 yamaha wr250f. i never really rode my klx on the street anyway, and i spent soooo much money on it, i figured the yammie is more ideal for me. this is the pure trailbike wr, not the dual sport. unfortunately the stealership got my klx with all of the mods still on it, and even asked for all of my stock stuff. in hindsight, i wish i would've taken the time to remove all of my goodies that didn't add any value to my trade-in at all. i'll go thru my garage over the weekend and let you all know if i have anything left. well, sorry to be a sell-out. if i could afford more than one bike at a time i'd surely have kept the klx. after the pipe and jetkit it became a great (but heavy) bike.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
1st Gear Member

You should have held out for a 2-smoke ktm 250/300 xc-w....like the one you were trying to trade the klx for on the adv site....not another 4-smoke 250...just sayin.

BTW in Florida you got 48 hours to take it back. You better listen to me or you are going to make another mistake. My riding buds have a 200 & 250 & 300 xc-w's.....I think the 250 is best....but the 300 is like a 3-stroke......btw all three weigh 220 lbs WITH ELECTRIC START.

They all feel like a feather...especially the 200 with the shorter wheel base, btw they all have plates.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear Member

damn, mullet has a sharp eye finding that over at adv. too bad indiana is so far away. i also talked to a guy at ftr with a fully woods modded rm250 for cheap. i'm not against the 4 stroke. this wr is gonna make me happy. i'm not worried. those ktm's are super hot though, for sure. we still need to get together.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:38 AM
1st Gear Member

The 2 stroke is the way to go I loved my 300 ktm, if thats all your going to (ride offroad) then i'd go that route.

Best of luck,
Kevin

Old 08-22-2008, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member

I'm kinda in the same boat as you, I've been looking at getting a motocross bike instead because of doing the mods and stuff but its still heavy. What part of indiana you from?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neanderthaler
damn, mullet has a sharp eye finding that over at adv. too bad indiana is so far away. i also talked to a guy at ftr with a fully woods modded rm250 for cheap. i'm not against the 4 stroke. this wr is gonna make me happy. i'm not worried. those ktm's are super hot though, for sure. we still need to get together.
Definately not a sharp eye.....I have been on the lookout for a 2-smoke ktm xc-w ever since I made my last payment on the klx. So I scan around after work looking for em ....I saw that ktm for sale on the adv site and clicked the link and saw your post drooling over it and offering to trade your klx to his wife for it ...lol.

I'm going to keep the klx as my loaner bike and around town sand scooter. BTW with a 340 and pumper she ain't bad....but it ain't no 2-smoke.

But after riding my friends xc-w's whoo hoo gotta have one.

So here's how I plan on rounding out my bikes.
My ktm 640 adv is my street sled and long distance see ya bike.

The someday 2-smoke will have a tag but would blow up on I-95 and will only see street to cross a road....trailer only.

The klx will be good for errands, hittin the sand dunes at night and letting a friend ride her while I roost him on the 2-smoke.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 08-22-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by neanderthaler
we still need to get together.
Give me a call one of those times you are heading up to Croom, throw my klx on the trailer and I'll tag along.

No crying thou if your 250 mx bike can't keep up with my lil klx in the tight sugar sand single track.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

i hope we haven't opened up the old 2 vs. 4 stroke thread. honestly, i don't think you could go wrong with any of these bikes we're talking about. and while we're being honest here - i never even maxxed out my klx on the trail. i'm pretty sure the wr is gonna be plenty for me, just like the ktm 2 smokers would. on tight(er) trails i managed the klx just fine, no one ever gets away from me there, so i'm sure instantly losing 30lbs. (with the yamaha) will only help. losing 60 or so pounds with a 2 stroke would be that much better, i'm sure. that helps picking the bike up after your third fall, 3 hours into the ride. i ride till i scare myself, and any of these are totally capable of that. trust me fellas, i did a lot of research before i went ahead with this, and it was with a sad heart that i traded the klx. like i said, i wished i was adding to the stable instead of replacing. i have my "hater blockers" on and i will only listen to people who agree with my choice. just playin'. jaylaudeman, i'm from florida. mullet and i found a guy in indiana with a plated 2t ktm wanting to trade for a "wife bike."

Old 08-22-2008, 10:34 AM
1st Gear Member

mullet, i'll definately call you before croom, and i know the sugar is your forte. i won't cry. well, maybe a little. next trip for me is coal creek, tn. in mid october.

Old 08-23-2008, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Good luck with the wr and let us know how bad it would smoke the klx.

Finger I'm with you. I have my eyes open for an 04-05 200 exc. With the tight woods around here it should be perfect(except the 200 doesn't have an e-start) oh well that's what a Rekluse is for.

Quick Reply: i'm out