I'm impatient

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient ...... I'm pissed!

So im not supposed to have water hit my "ceramic coated" exhaust pipe? what about stream crossings? puddles? even if i didnt spray it off it would still get wet... If i could get my money back for the pipe i probably would buy amuzzy or the hmf. probably the hmf. I dont think i have done or not done something i should have that would cause this pipe to look like this, this is unacceptable, but i have to accept it cause its mine... All im saying is that my pipe is crap.... And yes i do care what my pipe looks like, i do try to keep my bike clean, not deej clean but, it just looks like crap. If all the big gun pipes dont look like this after 3-4k miles great.... maybe i got a "monday" pipe, or they just wanted to get it done and didnt do it completely right..... but it is what it is now....

Old 03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
1st Gear Member

It actually looks about the same as the pipe on my Sportsman 500 HO with 2000 miles on it. But that pipe is so hot it will burn your leg THROUGH the fender if you wear shorts. An extremely hot pipe will rust when wet, if it was a temperature thing I would think his rust would be the worst at the bend just past the head, that was the hottest portion of my stock pipe as verified by an infrared temp gun. Not to mention the blueing right there.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

That's about the dumbest thing I've heard yet (a pipe shouldn't get wet?).
Anything that goes on a motorcycle is made to get wet. period.
Anyone who thinks otherwise is a bloody fool.