How do you contact Four Stroke Works?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:08 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default How do you contact Four Stroke Works?

You know, you would think that I would have learned my lesson by now. Ibought a 37mm Keihin FCR carb on eBay for $51.00. It was from a 2005 Yamaha WR250, and was used for parts. I asked the seller what the deal was, and he said that the owner put a different carb on because this one leaked fuel through the vent tube (the seller was a dealer in AZ). The seller used the main and pilot jets out of the carb for other bikes.

Fine. I got the carb, ordered jets for it based on Nobrakes' suggestions, and got a new float valve. I figured if it leaked fuel, it was either because of a bad float valve or that the floats were adjusted too high. When I took the old float valve out, the seat looked like somebody tried to chisel it out! I doubt it left the factory that way. Anyway, the float valve seat is pressed into the carb body, not screwed in like aftermarket FCR's. The end result is that nobody sells the float valve seat - not Yamaha, not Sudco, not Carb Parts Warehouse, no one! The carb is junk! [:@] The seller didn't actually lie to me, he just didn't tell me the whole truth (and being a dealer, he knew the carb couldn't be fixed).

The guy at CPW told me that he gets 3 calls a week for the same thing. Apparently Yamaha has a problem with the float valves hanging up in the seat, causing the fuel to overflow. So if you see oem Yamaha FCR carbs on eBay, be very carefull.

Sorry, but I had to vent. Now to my question. I know Four Stroke Works is still in business, but their website is down. How can I get hold of them to order a 35mm Keihin FCR? Does anybody have a phone number or an email address? Does anybody know of any other good sources for this carb (Bill Blue maybe)?

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: How do you contact Four Stroke Works?

1-760-948-0325... Had it programmed into my cell.
I believe the email addy was info@fourstrokeworks.com

Old 03-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Damn - was that the carb that the guy said it fit his KLX250S and he tried it out and it worked great but that he was worred about the Accel pump being so close to the exhaust pipe? That's the only one I remember commenting on. If that's the same carb, then it sure sounds like the seller was very dishonest and there was indeed some OTHER reason he was not using it. I think I said that when I commented on it - that if the closeness to the pipe was the only reason he was unloading then, then that was a non-issue.

Bummer about the deception - but at least you are only out $51.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks a lot Kawi Wawi! I'm going to call them this afternoon.

Nope, that wasn't the same carb, Nobrakes. Ihad a bid on that carb, but got outbid. This one was on the same search page, though. However, the only reason that I bid on this carb was because of the auction you mentioned. I figured that if all there is to making it fit is to clear the exhaust, I could come up with something. Actually, I still don't know what it takes to mount it - I never got that far. Oh well...

Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I don't really know anything about the 37mm. I only said it would work in the other case because the guy in the auction actually said he had it mounted and running. FSW I think only sets up the 35mm for the KLX, but it appears the 37mm will work also, but I have no direct experience with that. I guess I need to be more careful - my main comment on that other carb was intented to convey that IF the closeness of the AP pump to the exhaust pipe was the only issue the seller had, then that was a non-issue. I didn't mean to imply anything more. I apologize if my statements were overly general and cost you some money.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

No, no Nobrakes, you didn't convince me of anything. I saw the auction, noticed the guy had it running on a KLX250s, and figured it would work. I asked you in a different post what jetting your FCR35 had so that I could come up with a baseline for the FCR37. You just told me your jetting. By that time I had already screwed the pooch and bought this carb. No need to apologize. In fact, thanks again for giving me your jetting - it might help me out with the new FCR35 I'll be getting.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

It was a different carb Brian, I was watching both listings.