I'm impatient

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient

ORIGINAL: deej

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa MUZZY!!!!...........deej shhhhhhhhhhhhh

DEEJ, I take offense at the cleanliness of your bike, get some dirt on it, FFS.
Nice carpentry work on the side standblock, but even that, is clean [sm=WTFsgign.gif]
I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD,[sm=bangbang.gif]

Old 03-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

uh..........yeah. you're supposed to loctite them my friend. after I had 2 fall out and BG sent me all new screws the next day free (awesome CS imo), I haven't had any problems. don't go jumping on the backscratching bandwagon.

CW...that was actually a pretty good graphic you put up there. it's nothing personal, I just can't sit idle and let people spew propaganda like the dude in japland is doing. he's like a flamethrower to newbies. naivety is his main fuel.
Yeah, that graphic got a good chuckle out of me, funny stuff!

And EMS, loctite is your friend!!! [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] [sm=lockeddance.gif] The Muzzy screws on the endcap do have loctite on them. The Muzzy came with the spark arrestor and quiet core seperate so you had to take the cap off to install them. There some blue gooey stuff on the screws which I assume are some high temp lock tite. But I don't think that portion of the pipe gets super hot, not anywhere close to the head pipe temps, so just check at Autozone or your favorite nearby parts place and I'm sure they can fix you up.

BTW, I asked a while back if anyone ever dented their mid-pipe to accomodate the foot peg, and the response was thundering silence. To the best of my knowledge, no one has done that, I don't know why you keep saying that. All it takes is one minute on the grinder to remove just a little bit from the back of the foot peg and you are done. It took me ten times longer to install my hand guards, so it's really no big deal. Also, the Muzzy repack kit includes the rivots. Drilling out and reinstalling the rivots doesn't take any longer than screws, you just use a different tool to do it, is all, and you never have to worry about them falling out. I don't see that as a negative, IMO.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea... my buddy patrick gave me the right loctite number to use, 246, medium strength, high temp... just have to find some now... it just really chaps my ***.....[:@]

Old 03-01-2007, 10:51 PM

I just did some searching on previous posts relating to "dent" and "Muzzy". It looks like the denting myth stems from two comments made back in Spring/Summer of last year. Once of the comments was when bmwhd suggested denting as a possible method to address the footpeg obstruction issue (see post here). The other was when Notstock discussed a dent in a Muzzy that he had on an old sports bike (see post here).

Other than that, any dent references were either in discussion similar to that underway in the current thread. I personally have yet to do either mod. I will grind a little off the bag of the peg when I get around to it.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I just can't sit idle and let people spew propaganda like the dude in japland is doing. he's like a flamethrower to newbies. naivety is his main fuel.

Same ol, same ol....it's like a moth to a flame, or in this case a fly to a fresh, big, smelly, pile of ceramic-coated sshhhh....

No worries, Tremor...I got your back. At least a seemingly rare few of us Amreicans have seen a glimpse of what you have available to you over there &know where the real "propaganda & naivety" lie.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient ...... I'm pissed!

Well ......... I know that we are all stateing facts, based on personal experience and would never repeat heresay based on what a buddy has said.
Aaaannnd ...... everybody knows that it only takes one "Aw S**t" to cancel out 10 "Ataboys"
But I havelistened to this argument so many times that it has started to rub me the wrong way.
So, here's the deal, From my personal experience ..... My exhaust has performed flawlessly. It looks like the day I installed it a year ago. My bike as been ridden 85% on trails! It has a sound that I am very pleased with and the performance is as good as any that Ihave ridden with. I do maintain and keep my entire bike looking as good as possible. Ipersonally have NOcomplaints with it at all. I'm not going to stoop to bashing other pipes because I haven't owned them and have nothing to base a poor opinion on. So would everybody just lighten up!!!! I'm not saying that my toys are better than yours, so why would you want to puff your chest out and bash mine?
I am happy with my set-up. If you don't like me being happy with it then climb on and bash away. I'll try to stick with my principles and keep my mouth shut about your stuff ....... cause I really don't care.[:@][:@]
[sm=idontcare.gif]

Old 03-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient ...... I'm pissed!

vfr how many miles have you blown thru your pipe?

all i know is, myBig Gun pipe looks like this...... now there is a little bit of mud, but you can see where its not mud.... and im not happy with it, so what any one else says doesnt mean crap to me.. cause mine looks like that.

Name:  pipe001.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  174.9 KB

Name:  pipe002.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  112.4 KB

Name:  pipe003.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  104.0 KB

Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

so why don't you go live over there you trader. and while you're at it, learn how to spell americans. you should be ashamed of yourself for your statement. maybe you'll get lucky and see one of them weird japanese girls eat some **** off a plate on a passing bus seeming how you love what's available "over there". but isn't it ironic that you knew who I was talking about and I didn't even mention any names earlier?
That is waaay over the top. I can't believe how insulting you can be to other people sometimes. It's one thing to disagree about bike parts, but to lump people into extreme stuff like that based simply on where they live ... that is really "out there". I'm sure you'll say that's not what you said, but that is the insinuation by you making the association.