I'm impatient

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 04:20 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient

ORIGINAL: tennisman

Get an HMF; makes the Muzzy look likea girl's purse.
LOL! The HMF has my vote. Ultimate 'bang for the buck.' [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-17-2007, 04:44 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

I ordered my HMF this week, he said it takes about 4 days to build it then it ships...I can wait

Old 02-17-2007, 04:58 AM

i just ordered mine off ebay from an atv store that has them in stock so maybe it'll be here next week

Old 02-17-2007, 05:11 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Ya Isaw that store. I sent him several emails and never got a reply so I didnt buy it. It says on his auction may take up to 10 days to ship.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 AM

oh well i'll wait [sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 02-17-2007, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mooredan

After reading a bunch of posts on this site and advrider, I decided a couple of weeks ago to get a Big Gun exhaust for my bike. The decision to do this was mostly based on looks (very subjective) and fit (the passenger peg thing).

Big Gun readily took my order but then responded with something to the effect of "order processing - backordered".

After numerous ignored emails to Big Gun to try and determine an ETA, I gave them a call a few days ago. Within a few minutes, I got the info I sought: "Backordered: 4-6 weeks". I told them that I was disappointed by this -- no response. So I resolved myself to waiting it out.

Well things may be melting and warming up and I'm just itching to get my new bike out. In the meantime, I read some more and figured I would give the Muzzy a shot if I could get one right away.

I called starcycle.com and they said I could have a Muzzy system (& quiet core/spark arrestor) shipped today -- It's on its way!

I immediately called Big Gun and canceled my order.

I would like to echo KKK's Guy's feelings about Big Gun's customer service -- it sucks (IMO). Unanswered emails and not even an inquiry as to why I'm canceling the order today. Maybe they have more business than what they know to do with, but if the alienate enough (potential) customers, that won't be a problem for them any more.

I know that many here are satisfied with their Muzzy systems. Even though it wasn't my first choice, I know I'll be happy with it too.

I got my Big GunEVO-Xfull system through these nice folks... www.moto-ace.com. $415.00 or $425.00 can't remember, including shipping. Had it within 5 days. I bought this exhaust because I liked the looks better than the others that were available at the timeand wanted to let the bike breath.No problems so far. The vortex insert is only for track bikes to be able to comply withdecibal regs when doing the occasional trail ride. I have the "guiet core", which I ordered through Big Gun via phone and recieved promptly and fitment wasas intended.I guess I am lucky!!! And miles will tell.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

ORIGINAL: KAWASAKIspeed

well the back order problem is not how many people deal with them it is that no one these days keeps anything in inventory. for some reason i would guess theft. both are great mufflers. it is just big gun is alot more known than muzzy. hope everyone like there exhaust.
I wouldn't call something that falls apart and rusts through its ceramic coatinga 'great muffler.'The BGsounds great, looksgood,fits well and makes great power...that's what initially hooks people,but I don't think mostfolks would want to deal with the long-term reliablity problems caused by thepoor materials used.

Anybody that ownsa BGand argues against thepoor quality issues hasn't owned onelong enough and is ignoring the overwhelming evidence.I've seen it first hand. ANY of the pipesavailable for this bike today are of better quality than aBig Gun...it doesn't take much.
What are you guys trying to say? Big gun is not good.....hey now.... my pipe resembles that remark.......... I think im going to try to keep the vortex insert out as much as i can..... that one link though, it looked like something other than metal......

Old 02-17-2007, 04:33 PM
1st Gear Member

man Deej, even the block of wood that you put the kickstand on is clean.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

LOL... Now THAT'S OUR DEEJ!!!!!

Old 02-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Actually I just made a new one yesterday, that old one was getting bent......and yes dirty.