I'm impatient

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 11:08 PM
1st Gear Member
Default I'm impatient

After reading a bunch of posts on this site and advrider, I decided a couple of weeks ago to get a Big Gun exhaust for my bike. The decision to do this was mostly based on looks (very subjective) and fit (the passenger peg thing).

Big Gun readily took my order but then responded with something to the effect of "order processing - backordered".

After numerous ignored emails to Big Gun to try and determine an ETA, I gave them a call a few days ago. Within a few minutes, I got the info I sought: "Backordered: 4-6 weeks". I told them that I was disappointed by this -- no response. So I resolved myself to waiting it out.

Well things may be melting and warming up and I'm just itching to get my new bike out. In the meantime, I read some more and figured I would give the Muzzy a shot if I could get one right away.

I called starcycle.com and they said I could have a Muzzy system (& quiet core/spark arrestor) shipped today -- It's on its way!

I immediately called Big Gun and canceled my order.

I would like to echo YYY's Guy's feelings about Big Gun's customer service -- it sucks (IMO). Unanswered emails and not even an inquiry as to why I'm canceling the order today. Maybe they have more business than what they know to do with, but if they alienate enough (potential) customers, that won't be a problem for them any more.

I know that many here are satisfied with their Muzzy systems. Even though it wasn't my first choice, I know I'll be happy with it too.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:21 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member
Default RE: I'm impatient

ORIGINAL: mooredan

After reading a bunch of posts on this site and advrider, I decided a couple of weeks ago to get a Big Gun exhaust for my bike. The decision to do this was mostly based on looks (very subjective) and fit (the passenger peg thing).
After reading the threads I would never buy a biggun
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...ghlight=biggun

Old 02-16-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't say you were impatient at all I'd say you were very reasonable. After reading all the posts about exhausts there is no way in hell I would ever buy a Big Gun

Old 02-17-2007, 12:03 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Big Gun is garbage... lol unless you actually like it when your end cap bolts fall out, and the ones that didn't fall out break off because they're frozen solid. Fate steered you in the right direction today, my friend. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ill jump on the band wagon. big gun sux

Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yeaaaaaaaaaaa MUZZY!!!!...........deej shhhhhhhhhhhhh
Name:  100_5365.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  144.0 KB

Old 02-17-2007, 02:19 AM

yeah i ordered an hmf yesterday and it has free shipping. the only problem with that is they'll take forever to get it here. hopefully not too long

Old 02-17-2007, 02:50 AM
1st Gear Member

well the back order problem is not how many people deal with them it is that no one these days keeps anything in inventory. for some reason i would guess theft. both are great mufflers. it is just big gun is alot more known than muzzy. hope everyone like there exhaust.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:13 AM

Get an HMF; makes the Muzzy look likea girl's purse.

Name:  2006_1101Image0021.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  69.5 KB

Old 02-17-2007, 04:16 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KAWASAKIspeed

well the back order problem is not how many people deal with them it is that no one these days keeps anything in inventory. for some reason i would guess theft. both are great mufflers. it is just big gun is alot more known than muzzy. hope everyone like there exhaust.
I wouldn't call something that falls apart and rusts through its ceramic coatinga 'great muffler.'The BGsounds great, looksgood,fits well and makes great power...that's what initially hooks people,but I don't think mostfolks would want to deal with the long-term reliablity problems caused by thepoor materials used.

Anybody that ownsa BGand argues against thepoor quality issues hasn't owned onelong enough and is ignoring the overwhelming evidence.I've seen it first hand. ANY of the pipesavailable for this bike today are of better quality than aBig Gun...it doesn't take much.