Homemade Wolfman Ripoff

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lutz
I like it. Gives me some ideas for possible ways to improve on my cheapie ATV tank bags (used as rear saddle bags).
HaHa, I bought 2 pairs of ATV tankbags for $9/pr and cut them up, restitched them together and fitted bungee hooks, eyelets, and climbing clasps. I now have a tankbag, saddlebags & tailpack that will all together perfectly stash 24 cans of beer!

Attached Thumbnails Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-1.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-2.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-3.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-4.jpg  

Last edited by go cytocis; 07-19-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:02 PM
1st Gear Member

I like your idea!!! Nice work.

I have the Wolfman E10 saddlebags already. It hurt like hell to drop the $120 on them, but so far I have been very happy with them. I'm not opposed to adding some of the MSR bags to my rear rack though... ;-)

Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Cheap and lazy.....come on ladies scoop him up before he gets away. LOL

Old 07-19-2012, 02:32 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Cheap and lazy.....come on ladies scoop him up before he gets away. LOL
LOL!...don't worry, deej. One done scooped me up 39 years ago.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
LOL!...don't worry, deej. One done scooped me up 39 years ago.
And do you make her ride on that little blue pillion pad?

Nice work on the bags. I like the way they come off with the side panels. Any interference with your legs?

Ron

Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ranger Ron
And do you make her ride on that little blue pillion pad?

Nice work on the bags. I like the way they come off with the side panels. Any interference with your legs?

Ron
Did some local riding and concentrating on scooting way back, like when you drop off of a ledge. At the most extreme rider position that I can get into, the worst situation is that I can feel the bags touch the back of my legs when my butt is over the rack. When I have the bicycle rack bag hooked on back there for my big rides, I can't go quite that far back anyway. Everything's a compromise, and I have to have that rear rack bag. In some really aggressive conditions, I've been pretty much sitting on that rack bag.

The MSR bags are slim. You can't put a lot of stuff in them, but I'm not trying to camp off the bike. Riding alone a good bit of the time, I have to plan on the chance of spending the night out with a broken bike, fixing a broken bike, etc. Even with a SPOT locator, I can't count on someone getting help to me before the next day if I just push the button that summons help because of a mechanical. Some places I might break down, there's no way I'm going to walk out in MX boots unless my life depends on it. I've wrestled with wearing less aggressive footwear for my riding, but I'm not just riding dirt and fire roads. I've had at least two incidents where I'm fairly sure I would have broken my ankle without the heavy protection of racing boots. I try avoiding having to push that SAR button on my SPOT if at all possible.

No...LOL!...I know you're aware that my wife doesn't ride on that blue pad. When we got married in '73, we didn't take a 4-wheel vacation until about 1986. She spent plenty of time on the back of road motorcycle and even had her license at one point with her own KLR600. She's not interested in that anymore, and I don't blame her. Even I don't have any desire to do much highway traveling anymore. The dirt is just too much fun.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Even I don't have any desire to do much highway traveling anymore. The dirt is just too much fun.
I wish I would've gotten a KLX when I lived in Abilene for 9 years (stationed at Dyess 2000 -2009, 317th MXS). Then again, the Texas Motorsports Ranch in Cresson wasn't too far away and I had a blast there on my ZX6R Still though, my KLX would've been so much fun there.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Predsfan1
I wish I would've gotten a KLX when I lived in Abilene for 9 years (stationed at Dyess 2000 -2009, 317th MXS). Then again, the Texas Motorsports Ranch in Cresson wasn't too far away and I had a blast there on my ZX6R Still though, my KLX would've been so much fun there.
Closer than than TMR around Abilene is Texana Ranch/Ross Creek Traill Riders about 44 miles to the SW of Abilene. Were you aware of that when you were here? It's about a 5000 acre ranch with nearly 100 miles of singletrack. We put on a state circuit enduro every year. The place is an awesome riding area. We've been out there since about '79.

Attached Thumbnails Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-exotic-trail.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-course-2.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-o-group-pic.jpg   Homemade Wolfman Ripoff-rollercoaster.jpg  
Old 07-20-2012, 10:15 PM
red
1st Gear Member

I'll need to come check that out, live a little ways west of you

Old 07-20-2012, 10:24 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by red
I'll need to come check that out, live a little ways west of you
Hollar at me. You have to be a member or come with a member. There's no charge to come with a member. Do you know Jack Henry from your area? I raced enduros with him and some other Permian Basin enduro guys for years. Jack is old now, but he was at our state enduro out at our place in March racing as always.