Help - Buying Some Essentials & Spares

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 01:43 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member
Default Help - Buying Some Essentials & Spares

Hey guys. I've lucked out on sourcing a new clutch for my 2018 KLX250 here in Vietnam so am purchasing something online in the states today and will wait it out for 3-4 weeks till it arrives. I will also buy some upgrades/spares if anyone can point me to favorable items for sale on ebay or amazon for these items:

Clutch & Brake Levers
Brake Pads Front & Rear
Air Filter
Clutch Kit (thinking of EBC)?
Gear Shift & Brake Lever
Radiator Guards

Think that's about it....

Any help/advice much appreciated. I've already lost a weeks ride time trying to find a clutch :P

Old 09-24-2020, 08:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Clutch & Brake Levers: MZS or other cheap Chinese ones work
Brake Pads Front & Rear: Kawa dealers (MaxMoto)
Air Filter: UNI or Renthal if foam
Clutch Kit (thinking of EBC):
If you don't use bigbore then ask Kawa dealers for original stuff, then considering EBC or Barnett... or I have a new clutch kit for sale in Hanoi
Gear Shift: stock
Radiator Guards: Unibiker

Old 09-24-2020, 09:07 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zniper
Clutch & Brake Levers: MZS or other cheap Chinese ones work
Brake Pads Front & Rear: Kawa dealers (MaxMoto)
Air Filter: UNI or Renthal if foam
Clutch Kit (thinking of EBC):
If you don't use bigbore then ask Kawa dealers for original stuff, then considering EBC or Barnett... or I have a new clutch kit for sale in Hanoi
Gear Shift: stock
Radiator Guards: Unibiker
What clutch kit you got mate? I just bought an EBC this morning from USA but it will be a while lol

Kawa (MaxMoto) doesn't really have anything in stock

Old 09-24-2020, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

I've only got the Kawi original kit and planned to install EBC or Barnett instead (in case someone takes it.) Now you ordered the EBC lol.
Yeah, they usually take weeks for getting parts. However I heard MaxMoto Saigon had clutch kit in stock few days ago, not sure for now though.

Old 09-24-2020, 11:46 PM
MXM
1st Gear Member

I've only got the Kawi original kit and planned to install EBC or Barnett instead (in case someone takes it.) Now you ordered the EBC lol.
Yeah, they usually take weeks for getting parts. However I heard MaxMoto Saigon had clutch kit in stock few days ago, not sure for now though.
I was talking to a worker there on Tuesday. They don't. I even had a couple of tour operators helping me and the best one could find was a Chinese kit up your way I would of bought yours today if it wasn't still in your bike then swapped it out when the EBC arrives but can't imagine you wanting to sit around with a dead bike for a month or more like me :P

At least I will be able to let you know what the EBC is like. I give mine a hard time offroad so thought it was the best choice (and only choice ATM)

Old 09-25-2020, 07:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MXM
I was talking to a worker there on Tuesday. They don't. I even had a couple of tour operators helping me and the best one could find was a Chinese kit up your way I would of bought yours today if it wasn't still in your bike then swapped it out when the EBC arrives but can't imagine you wanting to sit around with a dead bike for a month or more like me :P
Ahh that's sad... I'm totally fed up when couldn't get to mountain because of the heavy rain last weekend.
So the mentioned clutch kit has been removed from a 0km KLX 2018 engine, including: friction plates, steel plates and springs. I would like to sell for $80 or 2 millions VND just in case you want to take it.

Old 09-25-2020, 08:12 AM
MXM
1st Gear Member

Ahh that's sad... I'm totally fed up when couldn't get to mountain because of the heavy rain last weekend.
So the mentioned clutch kit has been removed from a 0km KLX 2018 engine, including: friction plates, steel plates and springs. I would like to sell for $80 or 2 millions VND just in case you want to take it.
Would love to. I'll send you a private message to work out how to make it happen. Thanks