Hello there!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Hello there!

Got my first bike! 2009 Klx250sf! Had 0.1 miles on the odometer, got it for $4000 otd w/1 year warranty! Now what do I do? I did the mototune break in, to a T, have changed the oil and filter 2 times, cleaned the chain up real well and lubricated it. I haven't ridden many bikes, and read alot of reviews about the klx before I bought it saying that it was sackless....and was wondering sackless compaired to what lol!!! Maybe its just me, but for what it is, I think its plenty for now, I read about waking up the bike and definately want to, but with the warranty, what stealth mods can I do? I already drilled out the crank case vent, which did improve free reving response.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:43 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

True, "sackless" can vary a bit in perspective. But just compared to the bike after airbox, exhaust, and jetting mods, it is truly sackless...LOL!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

I've had skateboards faster than these things are stock. You can pipe and jet it and change sprockets while under warrenty.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

everything is relative.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by linkin5
I've had skateboards faster than these things are stock. You can pipe and jet it and change sprockets while under warrenty.

I don't doubt that, but does it void the warranty? If not....I know what im doing next weekend.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:44 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayTard
I don't doubt that, but does it void the warranty? If not....I know what im doing next weekend.
I mentioned this before, but I worked part time at a Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Polaris dealership as a mechanic for 15 years to pay for my addiction. The only way warranty can be voided by a manufacturer is for you to screw something up during a reasonable modification like rejetting, aftermarket pipe, etc. If while you have the carb off, you drop a screw or such into the intake manifold that results in damage on restart...you screwed up. If you put on an aftermarket pipe and left a fuel line loose that resulted in a fire that burned your bike to the ground...you screwed up.

If you run into a dealer who says you can't touch your bike...he's a jerk who's trying to scare you and probably wants your money to do those same mods...run away and find a good dealer.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
I mentioned this before, but I worked part time at a Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, Polaris dealership as a mechanic for 15 years to pay for my addiction. The only way warranty can be voided by a manufacturer is for you to screw something up during a reasonable modification like rejetting, aftermarket pipe, etc. If while you have the carb off, you drop a screw or such into the intake manifold that results in damage on restart...you screwed up. If you put on an aftermarket pipe and left a fuel line loose that resulted in a fire that burned your bike to the ground...you screwed up.

If you run into a dealer who says you can't touch your bike...he's a jerk who's trying to scare you and probably wants your money to do those same mods...run away and find a good dealer.
Sounds nothing like a car warranty. I like that!! I've owned and moded many cars.....this is my first bike. And you just gave me a partial wood.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RayTard
Sounds nothing like a car warranty. I like that!! I've owned and moded many cars.....this is my first bike. And you just gave me a partial wood.
Now Ray...on your last comment...we don't know each other well enough...LOL!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like we got another live one on the hook! I'm sure we'll get to know you much better, Ray, now that you've jumped in the Pond. If TNC doesn't know how to address any of your questions, there won't be many others that can! Welcome....

Old 04-05-2011, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Just hang around here and see what happens.

I love my SF with ALL the mods.

David

Quick Reply: Hello there!