Hawaiirider

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Hawaiirider

I dialed in my suspension a few weeks ago, or at least set my race sag and toyed around with the preload clickers.

Turns out that my springs are too SOFT for my weight

Wish I could go out riding with you guys, but, and i'm ebarrassed to have to say this, my mom would never let me ride all the way down to the park

Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
1st Gear Member

sinkoman so where do you ride?where do you live?is it far from the park? I live in town and put my bike on a truck to get to the park,how old are you and what kind of bike do you have?

Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

any of you klxer's riding this weekend?I'll be riding kahuku this weekend.I'm going on sat. and maybe sun.wouldn't mind riding with some klxer's.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:33 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawi boy

sinkoman so where do you ride?where do you live?is it far from the park? I live in town and put my bike on a truck to get to the park,how old are you and what kind of bike do you have?
16 on the 25th. When I ride, it's with my Uncle and his HUGE family. Either we go down to Kahuku and take all the kids and ride with everybody, a little more chill, and then once everybody else has had their time around the perimeter trail, we hit up the rougher muddier stuff...

Or it's just me, him, and his son, and we ride the excruciating stuff down Mililani and Helemano, usually Mililani, haven't ridden Helemano in a while. Sometimes my Uncle's friends from work tag along when we go there.

And then there's the times that we go out with my Uncle, his Son, and his friends from way back, in which case we ride god knows where.

When we ride, I usually strip all the street legal gear off the KLX, since he trailors/trucks the bikes down to wherever we're riding. Mirrors, rear rack, turn signals, all that good stuff. It takes a ****LOAD of weight off the bike.

We don't ride too often though, which is why i'm trying to find some new riding buddies.We used to ride around 3 or 4 times a month, and then it went down to around 1-2 times a month, and last year, we only went out maybe 3 times. This year, since i've gotten the new bike, he's been trying to get out there more often. They went out the other month, and I had to stay home because I had destroyed my foot while I was working on my bike (long story short, the ***** on your tire make quick work of any sort of flesh). He talked to me about the trip later, and started talking about how they were ready to sell the bikes, but then he remembered how much god damned fun it was to ride!

So now he's trying to get out there more often. We went twice this month, and i'm hoping we can get back out there sometime next weekend

So yeah, since my mom isn't too comfortable with me riding very far away (hell, she won't even let me ride down by waialae ave), if I DO end up finding riding buddies, they'll need to own a truck :P

Old 09-14-2007, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

sinkoman so you live in town?where abouts? I live in tows too,when can you ride?i normally ride on sat. because sun gets too nuts up there.where do you guys park when you ride mililani?are you still in school?

Old 09-14-2007, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

sinkoman how does the klx handle mililani?I just got my bike and am still trying to tune the suspension,and make the bike a little more ridable,what kind of mods have you done to your bike?Did you do the breather mod yet?What about the sprocket, I changed my front to a 13,and it made the bike easier to ride.I also have a pro circuit silencer and it woke the bike up.sinkoman e mail me your phone and maybe we can meet up or send me your email adress and i'll send you my ph.number

Old 09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawi boy

sinkoman how does the klx handle mililani?I just got my bike and am still trying to tune the suspension,and make the bike a little more ridable,what kind of mods have you done to your bike?Did you do the breather mod yet?What about the sprocket, I changed my front to a 13,and it made the bike easier to ride.I also have a pro circuit silencer and it woke the bike up.sinkoman e mail me your phone and maybe we can meet up or send me your email adress and i'll send you my ph.number
My bike is still bone stock in terms of power. Only things i've changed are the basics, bark busters, shortened bars, and removing all the street gear before we go out.

Other than me being a little tired at the end of the day, it handled millilani with absolutely no problems. I kept up with a KX500 just fine, and there was a grand total of one hillclimb that I stalled out on, and i'm still positive that it was my own fault, rather than the bikes (I sprinted towards it in fifth gear, dropped into first halfway up the hill, and then snapped the throttle shut when the front end started comming up instead of clutching, and the bike stalled on me. I was high in the RPMs too, and wasn't bogging at all. This hill was STEEP too, the bike nearly flipped backwards onto me the second she stalled, just because of the slope tha the hill was at. Had to lay her on her side, and drag the front end to turn the bike around, and I still had to slide on my heels with the bars in my hand)

The only real problem, was the tires. It wasn't verry muddy that day (at least not by my standards, ask Hawaii rider, he went out the day before), and I was still sliding all over the place. Rear wheel was spinning out left and right, and there was one section where my uncle had to push the bike into the bushes, and make his own trail, just because I couldn't get any traction on the slope.

One pair of rimlocks and 10PSI later, and my traction issues are nearly gone!

Old 09-16-2007, 04:26 AM

Kawi Boy, sorry I missed you up there today. I ended up surfing all day, waves were to good to turn down. By the time I came in and ate some Ted's it was after 4. Didn't want to gear up for just an hour or two. I'm workin all day tomorrow, so that's out, but I might try to catch up with those guys at Helemano next Sunday.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:56 AM
1st Gear Member

HawaiiRider no problem,the waves were awsome.seen the waves early in the morning and the beaches were already crowded.Kahuku was fun today kind of tacky,but then again very slippery in the valleys.Some friends took me riding and showed me some trails,met a new klxer named Rick,he's in the military.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 AM

Anybody doing Helemano or Kahuku Sunday?