HandleBars BENT!!.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member
Default HandleBars BENT!!.......

Well, for those looking for a new handlebar I would stay away from the cheap steel moose bars.
I changed out the stock bars for a green moose bar ($12) and they bent pretty good after a spill today.
The fall wasn't at a high rate of speed either.....I'm not one to knock any type of after market goodies, but I went with these because everyone says the stock bars are crap.

So, what is a good solid bar that wont bend after a small wreck?
Renthal, Oneal, Pro Taper??? And I'm guessing that a $12 bar will not do. But I don't wanna pay $80 for a name either.
Any options would help..................

Thanks-
Dave

Old 03-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Default RE: HandleBars BENT!!.......

Dave, I don't think you can go wrong with the aluminum bars in the $25 to $35 range. I have the MSR Dominator bar ($34) right now. It has been a good bar, and stood up well to some really hard falls. My only disappointment with them has been that the two bolts that hold the crossbar on have rusted. I would have thought they would have used stainless or some othe rust resistant metal for those. Other than that, though, they have been good bars.

I am replacing them with these bars from Tusk available on rockymountainatv.com. At $25 for aluminum bars, I think this is about the best deal going on aftermarket bars right now. I have not heard any complaints yet. I can't think of anything from Tusk that is not a good deal.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
1st Gear Member

I tend to shop at motorcycle superstore more often because of the two I find that their shipping is really the fastest.......for me.........where I live anyway..........
My tires from Rocky are taking FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

But any ALUMINUM bar is good over steel? looking at the PRO TAPER..............
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...amp;division=6

I just dunno....... OH yeah .........also, what is close to stock CR bend High???right???

Thanks

Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Anything aluminum, and with a cross bar... I don't like those pro tapers that have no cross bar. They use thicker tubing, so it's a bitch to find accesories that fit the bars.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:34 PM

My Renthal KX bend are hold up nicely. The are definetly more beefy and have a cross bar. I got em at rockymountain ATV on sale for around 60 give or take a few bucks.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

I cant really help you with your 250 but ill tell you on my 110 my pro tapers are rock solid. Very good handlebar

Old 03-28-2007, 12:26 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Got minepro tapers at www.motorcyclesuperstore.com for $58.99
I went with the KX HI bend and they werent much taller than stock, bolted right up and includes the barpad.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

I have the Tusk KX low bend and they are roughly the same as the stock bars, KX high are a half inch taller. I try not to fall down and am an easy trail rider I guess. New to dirt riding and I've got 4 or so years to pay on the bike so I generally take it pretty easy.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Well, I don't abuse the lady, but I do get on it pretty good. I'm new to the sport also and I REALLY don't wanna get hurt, BUT once I'm out there................I just gotta go!!!!! I actually hit some air for the first time today, which is how I fell. Rear tire hit crooked......all wrong.......bike just fishtailed and threw me off like nothing[:@]. Tweaked myknee pretty good.........hurts now, 5 hours later.

Think I'm gonna go with the Pro Taper or Renthal's.....cr high.

TRAKMASTERS came in mail along with new fender bag.
If I could post multiple pics in a thread I would upload........only know how to do 1 @ time.

Well, thanks for info.........be safe

Dave

Quick Reply: HandleBars BENT!!.......