To good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

It merely opens my garage door

Old 09-07-2014, 11:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
I think you took a bit much offense to that statement. You seem to take the members for being unable to understand the point. Anyone with a clue realizes Honda does not make all engines in China, nor do any others. Honda among others has produced product in China and a whole lot of other countries. .

He was so offended, he quoted it twice in one post. He was also probably so blinded with rage that he couldn't read the post I responded to, to get context.

I don't have time for that crap so a Honda runs my new p/w and it starts and runs PERFECTLY
Those engines are made in China.

Loncin built (excellent quality) engines for BMW motorcycles, so that, as well as my experiences with them are satisfaction enough for me. You don't have to buy one if you don't want, but you shouldn't dismiss it as junk without actually knowing that.

I remember a small Asian country that used to produce cheap, low quality junk that we could buy for peanuts here in north America that fought that junk stigma for a long time, and you just stood up for them in your post. China is the new Japan, like it or not.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:45 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zomby woof
China is the new Japan, like it or not.
I strongly disagree. i have been to both countries and they could not be more miles apart; the country, the government, the culture, their philosophy and the people.
The pattern following post-Mao China is very different from the emergence of post-war Japan.

The closest country in Asia that could have the title of the new Japan would be South Korea, but even they are not there yet; but far closer than China ever will be.

I have also visited factories in China, both foreign companies operating in China and actual Chinese companies. There is a vast difference between the two. I have been to Chinese truck factories as well; you would not believe what I saw (or maybe you would).

Originally Posted by zomby woof
he was so offended, he quoted it twice in one post.
LOL!

Last edited by FM_Thumper; 09-08-2014 at 01:52 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Be kinda cool to get that jug, deshroud the valves, and see how much more I get on the Dyno.

Wish I knew if it is - in fact - a straight bolt-on operation...

Old 09-08-2014, 02:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Klxster,
Oil line around the cylinder tensioner is an issue. Kawi is a round plug with a bolt, YF300 has a similar mount to the one above it (that Mark makes a tensioner for).
Someone with some fab skills could make it work, I think...

Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaximusPrime
Klxster,
Oil line around the cylinder tensioner is an issue. .
That's going to be a deal breaker-looking at the pics from the website you would need to make a new oil line to reroute it away from the new tensioner.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep..deal breaker.. oh well.. It was nice to dream a little.. Cheap HP is better n sex.. at my age. lol

BTW, did yall solve the problem of where Chinese crap is made? I've always wondered - figured India, but not sure..

If Matt can rock a garage door opener on the bar, maybe I can rock a radar detector there ..? Anyone ?

Last edited by Klxster; 09-08-2014 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster

If Matt can rock a garage door opener on the bar, maybe I can rock a radar detector there ..? Anyone ?
Why not? Depends on size of course, just slip the mount between the bar clamp, then slip the radar onto the mount . had it on for about 2 years now, just make sure to bend the end of the tab so the opener doesn't fall off.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Klxster
... If Matt can rock a garage door opener on the bar, maybe I can rock a radar detector there ..? Anyone ?
Depends on local laws, some places it's illegal to have a radar detector.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FM_Thumper
I strongly disagree. i have been to both countries and they could not be more miles apart; the country, the government, the culture, their philosophy and the people.
The pattern following post-Mao China is very different from the emergence of post-war Japan.

The closest country in Asia that could have the title of the new Japan would be South Korea, but even they are not there yet; but far closer than China ever will be.

I have also visited factories in China, both foreign companies operating in China and actual Chinese companies. There is a vast difference between the two. I have been to Chinese truck factories as well; you would not believe what I saw (or maybe you would).

LOL!
I've been to neither country but experienced plenty of each country's culture and couldn't agree more. My brother has spent time in China visiting some factories and was absolutely astounded by work practices there.

If you buy China-produced stuff (can't be avoided!!) you had better be careful. Which is not to say that there aren't good products sourced there but 'caveat emptor' has never been more applicable.

Quick Reply: To good to be true?