Good end to a good weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Good end to a good weekend

ORIGINAL: deej

UPDATE!!

Well I open the paper this morning and look what I find. This story is the result of a lot of hard work, and they finally got the meth heads or cranksters or whatever the losers are called these days.

I got to go out several times with this investigator to see if we could catch these guys that cut down 1000 year old trees. That is a misprint, they are not 100 years old they are 1000 years old.

Pretty cool though, this was from the paper in Port Angeles WA an hour north of us, but happened 10 miles south of Forks. Its nice to see someone finally get caught. Stinking weasels.

That's Randy, the guy that invited me to go with him. He rides a 2002 KLR 250 and is a pretty good rider. I hope we can do this again.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ap...73290928297677

How's that?

Old 08-21-2007, 05:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Old 08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Since I'm half-blooded Sioux I thought this would be a fit response:

We Sioux did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams with tangled growth as "wild" - only to the white man was nature a wilderness and only to him was the land "infested" with "wild" animals and "savage" people. To us it was tame. Earth was bountiful and we were surrounded with the blessings of the Great Mystery. Not until the hairy man from the East came and with brutal frenzy heaped injustices upon us and the families we loved was it "wild" for us. When the very animals of the forest began fleeing from his approach then it was for us that the "Wild West" began. - Chief Luther Standing Bear - Oglala Sioux

Old 08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Since I'm half-blooded Sioux I thought this would be a fit response:

We Sioux did not think of the great open plains, the beautiful rolling hills, and winding streams with tangled growth as "wild" - only to the white man was nature a wilderness and only to him was the land "infested" with "wild" animals and "savage" people. To us it was tame. Earth was bountiful and we were surrounded with the blessings of the Great Mystery. Not until the hairy man from the East came and with brutal frenzy heaped injustices upon us and the families we loved was it "wild" for us. When the very animals of the forest began fleeing from his approach then it was for us that the "Wild West" began. - Chief Luther Standing Bear - Oglala Sioux
That's a nice quote, and so very true.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

I'm happy you were able to understand it.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Sounds like what Agent Smith said in the Matrix,

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."

Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: klx250s_rider

Sounds like what Agent Smith said in the Matrix,

"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure."

Classic, and somewhat true I guess if you think of it.[&o]