Get together for FL ride (Croom, Hardrock, or Ocala NF)...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:14 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Croom ride in FL (or Ocala NF)...

Damn, luv to but I gotta work this weekend, stupid developers.....why do they always wait to the last minute? [:@]

Old 09-15-2006, 10:46 PM

Now that is my kind of weekend! Perfect combo...riding and camping in between.

But two jobs and working everyday doesn't leave room right now. That reminds me...hopefully by springtime next year I'll only be teaching, which will mean I'll be raring to go on many of these! You all have fun, take pics, and post them here next week!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:04 PM

PING!

Two weekends away, mark your calendars! (And Sully/Marty, how was 2 weekends ago, and where did you guys go?)

Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM

I was home fighting a crud that destroyed me physically. I am just getting back to full speed after being decimated by whatever it was that ailed me.

Sullydirt and I were in contact on the phone. Sounds like he and his friends kind of wore themselves out on Saturday and didn't have too much left for Sunday!

There will always be other opportunities.

I'm hoping that "Tour de Apalachicola" happens again this year. We got a whole bunch of dualsport bikes together up near Crawfordsville over Martin Luther King's birthday weekend last year. One of the gang has an in with a YMCA camp and we got to rent a bunkhouse for $8 per night. Had hot showers and breakfast and dinner were included! ! ! ! !

When I get wind of this happening, I'll post it here.

There were 2 KLX250's in attendance last year.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey guys,

We had fun that weekend there were 5 of us total. We spent Saturday at Hardrock Cycle Park, I had a "get off" on the first hill of the rollercoaster trail. The bike landed on it's right side and the starter switch popped out. It was on a pretty steep incline, so I had to wrestle the bike down the hill and perform some field maintenance to get the switch back in. Anyway, we had a blast, all of us had a spill or two. My girlfriend along with one of the other guys girlfriend met us at Alexander Springs and we camped Saturday night which was great except a bear that came into our camp about 3:00 am. I need to remember to get our trash far away from camp next time, especially when we're cooking Salmon and Steaks. Sunday morning the other guys rode the trails near Marty's place and I spent some quality time with my girlfriend at the springs.

I'm looking forward to us getting together.