First spill

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default First spill

Well my real first off road experience has proven to be a little more than I could handle. I trucked my bike out about 15 miles to a friends house where he has built a Motocross track for his two boys, and soon there were about 10 guys ridding the track. Now keep in mind that 1, I have never jumped a bike....ever, and 2 this is my first dirt bike in 25 years. So anyway I went around the track really slow a couple of times, then decided to try to get a little air, and it was not too bad, the track is really soft clay and black prairie topsoil, but in my last jump I had the front tire a little sideways and it washed out and I took a tumble, but luckily I had a soft landing and not a scratch on the bike. So I'll stick to logging roads and single track trails, and leave the jumping to the kids. I'm 41 and you what they say if you break something after you turn 40 it stays broke, LOL, I wish I would have taken my digital camera, some of the riders are racers in Washington state. On a side note, me being 230lbs, and the bike weight, it did really well, I seem to have plenty of power.

Old 02-12-2006, 01:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: First spill

Glad you and the bike are ok, I was doing small jumps on mine in the forest (really little more than getting the front wheel up) and had no probs.

cheers

Garry

Old 02-12-2006, 09:35 PM

Yeah, I'm approaching 40 and my knees and kidneys just can't handle the jumps anymore. Trails and tracks are what I like. A real Spode!

Glad you're okay.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:16 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej, glad you're OK.

I'm 43 and have never had a real dirt bike. Over 150,000 miles on the street but I've never had a bike airborne until I got the KLX. I love to jump it over the MX hills (at a reasonable speed, not MX speed). Don't give up, the bike loves to fly!

Old 02-13-2006, 03:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Deej glad to hear your ok.
It is not a comforting feeling when you realize your going to hit the ground the hard way, not on two wheels.

Old 02-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys, I washed the bike today and not a scratch, I'm glad, because I want to keep the bike looking as new as possible. However just ridding for a couple of hours it seems that because I mostly stand while ridding my big leg muscles are killing me. Man I'm too old to feel this bad. I have to get into better shape.

Old 02-14-2006, 04:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Whats up deej, its good to here that you and the bike are ok!! All i can say is that crashing "SUCKS" I am not looking forward to the first time I go down on this bike.I just hope I can walk away from it with out injury too.I am 36 and my body dose not recover from injury like it used to... lol.

When in doubt, GAS IT!

Old 02-14-2006, 05:55 AM
1st Gear Member

second the notion you didnt get injured....something all of us bike riders concern ourselves with or should on a daily basis though not to the point of paranoia...when the BIG GUY pulls our number might as well be in an M1 Abrams....

Old 02-15-2006, 02:51 AM

Don't worry about getting in shape, just get a hot tub. It is alot less work.

Old 11-21-2008, 07:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Old Thread but thought it was interesting to browse the History of the KLX250s section

Quick Reply: First spill