First ride impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Default First ride impressions

I just finished my first 50 km of riding onmy 07 KLX, I have done all the free mod's plus the 292cc big bore, Ialso installed the Muzzy and jet kit. First of all thanks to everyone on this forum for all the tips and tricks to squeeze out a few more ponies!

All I can say is I love this bike! It,s just what I expected it to be. It's light, nimble, smooth, great ride, has a real seatand a heck of alot of fun to burn around on!It's no MX missile but that's not what I was looking for.This bike has good tractable power and will take me anywhere I want to go, bolt on and off road.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:51 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: First ride impressions

Welcome to the madhouse! Like you said, great bike for what it is. Of course the 300cc kit really helped things, I bet.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks like you are in about the same place I'm in. Went and rode tonight, but was almost too cold. Found some mud and got a little nervous but it plowed right through.

I have the muzzy but wnt with the pumper carb before the big bore. I want to get the suspension dialed in next, then maybe the big bore next winter.

Welcome aboard.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the club, Tomahawk!

Glad to hear that your happy with your bike, and that your already starting to realize thepotential that it has (Only 50 km and you're modding already?!?? I'm ashamed that I waited so long for my first mods!!! )

Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Many, many, welcomes to the clan man, and to all the newer noobs, welcome to the dark side......."resistance is futile"

Old 03-18-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Iowa - It is a Bill Blue modified TM33, actually a 34 now.

Below is a thread with my original response and some good info from the other guys. For me it was a drop in with no adjustments... yet. I might get some jets and see if I can get a little more out of it. It currently is completely stock jetting but it might need a little change to the pilot and want to try a bigger main jet to see what happens.

I bought mine through TT Store and got it for under $230 shipped with the newbe discount. Another $75 for the work Bill did + $9 shipping. It only took him a week to get it done.Yeah Bill!

I did a few obstacles and some mud last night and the instant throttle response made some pretty tricky navigation fairly simple.

Do it!

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_110665/tm.htm

Old 03-20-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

When you sign up/register they send you a coupon code for your first purchase. They give you a month to use it.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:44 AM

Shoulda bought a DRZ400 instead dude...........

Cheers

Quick Reply: First ride impressions