Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   KLX 250S (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/)
-   -   First ride impressions (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/first-ride-impressions-10450/)

Tomahawk 03-18-2007 04:42 AM

First ride impressions

I just finished my first 50 km of riding onmy 07 KLX, I have done all the free mod's plus the 292cc big bore, Ialso installed the Muzzy and jet kit. First of all thanks to everyone on this forum for all the tips and tricks to squeeze out a few more ponies!

All I can say is I love this bike! It,s just what I expected it to be. It's light, nimble, smooth, great ride, has a real seatand a heck of alot of fun to burn around on!It's no MX missile but that's not what I was looking for.This bike has good tractable power and will take me anywhere I want to go, bolt on and off road.

Thunderchild 03-18-2007 04:51 AM

RE: First ride impressions

Welcome to the madhouse! Like you said, great bike for what it is. Of course the 300cc kit really helped things, I bet. :D

johnnyz62 03-18-2007 05:26 AM

Looks like you are in about the same place I'm in. Went and rode tonight, but was almost too cold. Found some mud and got a little nervous but it plowed right through.

I have the muzzy but wnt with the pumper carb before the big bore. I want to get the suspension dialed in next, then maybe the big bore next winter.

Welcome aboard.

YYY.GUY 03-18-2007 05:54 AM

Welcome to the club, Tomahawk!

Glad to hear that your happy with your bike, and that your already starting to realize thepotential that it has (Only 50 km and you're modding already?!?? I'm ashamed that I waited so long for my first mods!!! :D)

deej 03-18-2007 08:13 AM

Many, many, welcomes to the clan man, and to all the newer noobs, welcome to the dark side......."resistance is futile";)

03-18-2007 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: johnnyz62

Looks like you are in about the same place I'm in. Went and rode tonight, but was almost too cold. Found some mud and got a little nervous but it plowed right through.

I have the muzzy but wnt with the pumper carb before the big bore. I want to get the suspension dialed in next, then maybe the big bore next winter.

Welcome aboard.

interesting that you have the pumper and the muzzy with no bore increase. can you elaborate on how your bike responds just with the pumper? i'm interested. maybe a pumper is all i need right now to have more fun. i've kind of swayed away of sending my cylinder out to kustom kraft as i've found a local race shop here in DM, Hickman Racing, that does this sort of work. I sent them an email asking them if they can do the bore and include a forged piston kit and gaskets. We'll see if they're close to the price of kustom kraft. but i definitely would like the carb immediately. did it take a while to get it tuned. i think some are having a tough time dialing them in after receiving. i don't like to waste time doing that stuff and i hate "the bog". can you write up a little opinion or ride report on your pumper. also, what size, brand, and did bill blue mod it? thanks

johnnyz62 03-18-2007 10:40 PM

Iowa - It is a Bill Blue modified TM33, actually a 34 now.

Below is a thread with my original response and some good info from the other guys. For me it was a drop in with no adjustments... yet. I might get some jets and see if I can get a little more out of it. It currently is completely stock jetting but it might need a little change to the pilot and want to try a bigger main jet to see what happens.

I bought mine through TT Store and got it for under $230 shipped with the newbe discount. Another $75 for the work Bill did + $9 shipping. It only took him a week to get it done.Yeah Bill!

I did a few obstacles and some mud last night and the instant throttle response made some pretty tricky navigation fairly simple.

Do it!

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_110665/tm.htm

03-18-2007 11:28 PM

hmmm, $230 huh? bill told me he could get one for $250. if i buy it myself and then have it shipped to bill i could save $20. i'll look into this. TT means thumper talk right? what's the newbe discount?

johnnyz62 03-20-2007 01:55 AM

When you sign up/register they send you a coupon code for your first purchase. They give you a month to use it.

westcanca 03-20-2007 03:44 AM

Shoulda bought a DRZ400 instead dude...........

Cheers