Other (State Below)
3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Exhaust Preference

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:09 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Exhaust Preference

I'm trying to decide wheather to get the FMF or Two brothers exhaust, i've seen alot of FMF posts in here but i think it will be good to see how many people have what exhaust systems to see which is most popular.

Ok there i added HMF the only reason it wasnt added was i didnt find anyone using it in any of the fourums under exhaust, i hope this makes your day........ Kathy

Old 04-03-2008, 02:18 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust Preference

Looking to get a slip on Two Brothers M7. Any recommendations for mail order stores on the net that ship to Australia.[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 04-03-2008, 03:28 AM

One problem with a poll like this is what if you already have an aftermarket muffler/system?
I don't know about you but I don't have the coin to buy and try out every muffler made.
I'm stuck with my Big Gun... []

Old 04-03-2008, 04:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Another problem is the idiot left out the HMF muffler in the poll which a lot of us are using and loving!

Old 04-03-2008, 04:35 AM
1st Gear Member

HMF - Five stars! Name:  5.gif
Views: 19
Size:  349 Bytes

Old 04-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

Another problem is the idiot left out the HMF muffler in the poll which a lot of us are using and loving!
what's up with all the hatin' going on lastnight and tonight?Why ishe an "idiot" for forgetting a brand? Maybe he thinks (as I do) that the HMF is inferior, too big and gaudy, and doesn't fit worth a ****. how can you call him an idiot for accidentally forgetting a brand, in his opinion evidently, doesn't cut it when you yourself started a thread talking about riding naked yesterday evidently for some attention? isn't that a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black? I mean if I came on here and called someone an idiot which I honestly do not think I've done here,I would be asked to leave or have an attempted IP# ban again.

to be downright honest, there only needs to be two exhausts up there to vote on- the muzzy and BigGun. the others are just slip-ons and pretty much limit the engine output to the tiny diameter of the stock header and it's restricted flow. the power-bomb full systemisn't proven and someone on here that had one complained about it not to mention it's nearly $600. a full system is the only way to go, especially if you plan on upgrading to 300 or 331/340cc. if you're concerned about losing low-end, go to a 13-tooth sprocket to compensate. the people who swear that a slip-on is enough or is the best way to go are the ones who either haven't ridden an excellently tuned and gearedKLX with a full BigGun or Muzzy or just can't afford the full system. the 2-bros is nearly as expensive as a slip-on as the BigGun is for the full system. $380 for the BigGun and around $330 for the 2-bros. slip-on. no brainer for me.[sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-03-2008, 05:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Where can you get a full BIG Gun for $380?[sm=feedback.gif]
ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

ORIGINAL: kawikathy

what's up with all the hatin' going on lastnight and tonight? Why is he an "idiot" for forgetting a brand? Maybe he thinks (as I do) that the HMF is inferior, too big and gaudy, and doesn't fit worth a ****. how can you call him an idiot for accidentally forgetting a brand, in his opinion evidently, doesn't cut it when you yourself started a thread talking about riding naked yesterday evidently for some attention? isn't that a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black? I mean if I came on here and called someone an idiot which I honestly do not think I've done here, I would be asked to leave or have an attempted IP# ban again.

to be downright honest, there only needs to be two exhausts up there to vote on- the muzzy and BigGun. the others are just slip-ons and pretty much limit the engine output to the tiny diameter of the stock header and it's restricted flow. the power-bomb full system isn't proven and someone on here that had one complained about it not to mention it's nearly $600. a full system is the only way to go, especially if you plan on upgrading to 300 or 331/340cc. if you're concerned about losing low-end, go to a 13-tooth sprocket to compensate. the people who swear that a slip-on is enough or is the best way to go are the ones who either haven't ridden an excellently tuned and geared KLX with a full BigGun or Muzzy or just can't afford the full system. the 2-bros is nearly as expensive as a slip-on as the BigGun is for the full system. $380 for the BigGun and around $330 for the 2-bros. slip-on. no brainer for me.[sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

woops, $390.
http://www.motorcycleparts.biz/acces...egory/MCF.html

it's where I bought mine for my '06 KLX250S. Had it in less than a week. Had some endcap allen heads vibrate on the BigGun- called them (BigGun)and had a whole set shipped to me the very next day totally freeand I only needed two. Never had any other problem. The new ones are stainless, the older headers were ceramic coated steel. each has it's own benefits.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:20 AM
1st Gear Member

I love my muzzy to death, the way it sounds, the way it woke up the bike and the fit. I loved my brothers BG too, sounds mean looks nice, seemed to have a touch more lower end torque, unelss i was being a little more balsy on his bike rather than mine

The muzzy did outperform the BG in the top end tho, that was good times racing upa and down a backroad.

But regardless, I'm just wondering if Muzzy, and maybe big guns header might be a touch too big, is I read a report of a fellow taking his muzzy off and putting a twobrother(?) slip on his stock header and got way more bottom end.

All depends on your style I guess, If you like pounding away in the bush.......then I'd say get something like a slip on, or mod the crap out of the original can (pull out the cat and drill out baffels)

I wish we all (who have access to dynos could get a reading and compare the bikes. that would be hella good)

Old 04-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

I can see your point but jeesh, the slip-ons are over $300 these days. and then if you go up in displacement you're limited to the oem header for flow. I would love to have any slip-on right now to compare a full system to from memory of course. One has to watch out when buying a slip-on for the KLX250S as it's header pipe is shorter than the 300's and unless you buy a specific slip-on for the bike, one for the 300 won't work unless you have a 300 header. What slip-ons were built specifically for the 250S sans the HMF? I think the 2bros. is a quality unit, I just don't care for its stubby short look.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Preference