Exhaust Plug

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Exhaust Plug

Ha ha - yeah, the first time I saw one of those I laughed pretty hard.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:34 PM

Hey, I didn't see it, I lived it.

Try teaching in a state facility for juvenile delinquents!

I was the only one on staff that was not physically assaulted! Just got tired of being told to "Go make love to yourself" by a malcreant teenager!

Old 09-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

wow.. i would beat some ***.. i dont know how some people do stuff like that for a living... props to you...

Old 09-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I posted that Muzzy picture so everyone could see how retarded the packing instructions were. I mean drilling the rivets every time you need to re-pack? No thanks, I am gonna run this pipe until it falls off, I don't care GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I need more coffee, I am thinking irrationally

Old 09-28-2006, 05:24 PM

Deej, I was amazed when I read that about drilling out the rivets, too. I had not really thought through what would be involved to re-pack the Muzzy, but I guess that is the only way. That raises the question, what is the downside to never repacking? I would assume that as the packing deteriorates that the flow would increase and, therefore, the volume would increase. Would you expect the airflow change to be enough to affect performance?

Old 09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ahha!!!! there is a benefit on using one pipe over the other... the big gun has 4 allen head bolts to take out and thats it... bet u guys with the muzzy wish you would have known about how to repack it before you bought it.... lol... j/k guys.... but that sucks... im guessing it would just be louder if it was never repacked.... the guy from big gun said something about it lasting longer if it was repacked regularly... i dont see how though....

Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I posted that Muzzy picture so everyone could see how retarded the packing instructions were. I mean drilling the rivets every time you need to re-pack? No thanks, I am gonna run this pipe until it falls off, I don't care GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! I need more coffee, I am thinking irrationally
Oh seriously ... are you really serious? Rivets are very easy to work with, surely you've worked with rivets in your line of work, deej. It might take a few minutes longer to repack but you only do that once a year or so, so it's not that big of a deal. And on the other side of the coin, rivets don't vibrate loose and fall out. Of course, that's nothing a little lock-tite can't prevent, and if I owned a BG, that's what I'd do - lock-tite is your friend.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

very true nobrakes... does locktite withstand the temps that the muffler would get too? i havent had any problems with them coming out though...
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

ORIGINAL: deej

Oh seriously ... are you really serious? Rivets are very easy to work with, surely you've worked with rivets in your line of work, deej. It might take a few minutes longer to repack but you only do that once a year or so, so it's not that big of a deal. And on the other side of the coin, rivets don't vibrate loose and fall out. Of course, that's nothing a little lock-tite can't prevent, and if I owned a BG, that's what I'd do - lock-tite is your friend.

Old 09-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: EMS_0525
very true nobrakes... does locktite withstand the temps that the muffler would get too? i havent had any problems with them coming out though...
There are different temp ranges of the stuff, so I'm sure there is something appropriate. The end-cap of the Muzzy had some type of blue lock-tite on those screws, so I know its available, just not sure what brand or formula for high temp.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

so nobrakes what do you do all day... o wait i already know.... ur on here all day... cant do much else can ya? that sucks.. hows the healing going?

Quick Reply: Exhaust Plug