electrial issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
Good point, when it stalls, see if the neutral gear selector light comes on or see if the headlight is on. I don't know if you could ever see the dash light during the day on a 06.

If it is on, your problem is on the ignition side, not the general power wiring.
Yeah I have confirmed my problem is general loss of power, I tested the battery and I have 12.7V. None of the lights come on. I'm about to start going ground from every positive wire to see where i am losing it.

I pulled out the diode and put it back in with no luck, tried testing the diodes but realized I have no idea how that diode is suppose to work as it has 6 pins haha.

edit: hmm Went outside replugged in a few things, tested some voltages and then looked over at my gauge and it was on, soo I guess problem solved lol

Annddddd never mind, put the gas tank back on head light back on shrouds, try to turn it on, nothing. This is weird, going to investigate more later today.

Update: I have found the problem and momentarily fixed it. what happened was the connection point between the ignition and the system was not connecting properly and only made contact when not bent, I unbent it and resleeved it with the weird plastic sleeve that I assume is to stop people from easily hotwiring the bike. and now everything is great!

Last edited by HypnoFrogs; 03-31-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy
Not sure if anyone realizes but Graybo only posted once and hasn't responded. Only 5 posts total.
we'll I found that It was may battery (I think) Checked it and showed a low voltage after having it on charge. However after a few Months It has done the same thing. No power at all at the headlight,horn or neutral light. Checked the fuse and it was good but, I don't have power thru the relay, with key on or off and the battery is good(13volts)also only 3 months old. I had been riding for about 3 hours starting with no issues, until the last stop before heading home and when I was attempting to start it up the starter kicked in only a split second and every thing went dead.