Dynojet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 01:43 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dynojet Kit

Lots of people have the dynojet kit... I think you're assuming things Iowa.
Most of the conversations I've seen regarding jetting have been ambiguous (they don't mention which brand of jets).
It does concern me though. It'd be nice to locate some real facts or a conversion chart from keihin to dynojet jet sizes. I've only heard one person mention that they're different (Marty I think). Marty - if you're listening can you elaborate?

Old 03-23-2007, 04:09 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Didnt some members have problems wth the dynojet needle not seatting properly and they had to sand/emory cloth it down some?

Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 AM
1st Gear Member

Ahh ok thats go me thinkin.

I'm at sea level, I want to run without the snorkel and will have the oem exhaust for now.

So perhaps Main Jet = 128 pilot = 35 with the N1TC needle in clip 3? How does that sound?

This is the Kawa parts not Dynojet .

Thanks

Glen

Old 03-23-2007, 05:36 AM

Just curious as to what main jet came stock in your bike(s)...I was just checking yesterday to see if my dealer carried any jets...and his computor showed 118 as stock...haven't been into mine yet...but the Muzzy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Old 03-23-2007, 03:13 PM

Snal, I'm pretty sure it was in fact a 118.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:35 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Hey all, if you have Dynojet jets, check this out...

DYNOJET to KEIHIN Conversion Chart
and
Dynojet to Keihin Conversion Table

Old 03-23-2007, 08:38 PM
1st Gear Member

I just did a little research and haven't found anything definitive to compare Keihin and Dynajet sizes, but what I found is a lot of inconsistencies between all the comparisons (including the table that Jason found, and the measurements from Marty a couple months ago.).

One thing I found is that one is based on physical size of the hole, and the other is based on fuel flow characteristics (they didn't say which was which)...and this makes it even more dificult to compare!!! Now considering that everything else I found was inconsistent, then this might also be misleading.

Anyway, I'll keep looking and see if I can find something more reliable.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:19 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Thanks for helping with the research Mike... I was thinking of calling up the sales line and asking them.
Unfortunately, the contact form on their website wouldn't work for me.
Iowa - some of us have already invested money into a Dynojet kit, so it's worthwhile finding out the facts about the two brands.

I'm going to be firing up my bike very soon with my new 331cc top end and and Dynojet 132 mainjet.
If those charts are right, then I'll be way too rich (Dynojet 132 = Keihin 145).
This is OK, because it's way better to be rich on the new top end, than too lean...
But it makes me wonder if those charts are right - I think I've got the DJ128 installed right now (Keihin142)...

Quick Reply: Dynojet Kit