Dynojet Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dynojet Kit

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

I bought the Dynojet kit because it has extra mainjets... I guarantee if you buy just one mainjet you'll be thinking to yourself "is this main too rich or too lean"... Well with the Dynojet kit, you have 4 jets you can play with...

And to confirm what marc11 said, the KX250F kit is NOT correct. Get the KLX300 kit #2206.
Well that gaurantee isuseless for me. I did my research and mine was correct the first attempt. If you dont know whether you need a 122 main or a 132 main you dont need to be fooling with your carb imo.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_67995/tm.htm

Match your altitude and mods to others on this thread and you can get it right. They have done all the hard work for us.

Heres something to show how a CVK works
http://members.aol.com/roundr1/CVK40.html

Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Most mods do not require a new pilot jet and from what I have read the jury is still out. General rule is if you need to turn the mixture screw out more than 3.5 turns go up one size in the pilot jet, less than one turn go down one size. Right now, I am at 2.5 turns so I am fine.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

ORIGINAL: Kawi Wawi

I bought the Dynojet kit because it has extra mainjets... I guarantee if you buy just one mainjet you'll be thinking to yourself "is this main too rich or too lean"... Well with the Dynojet kit, you have 4 jets you can play with...

And to confirm what marc11 said, the KX250F kit is NOT correct. Get the KLX300 kit #2206.
Well that gaurantee isuseless for me. I did my research and mine was correct the first attempt. If you dont know whether you need a 122 main or a 132 main you dont need to be fooling with your carb imo.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_67995/tm.htm

Match your altitude and mods to others on this thread and you can get it right. They have done all the hard work for us.

Heres something to show how a CVK works
http://members.aol.com/roundr1/CVK40.html

Well I read through all the settings and that spreadsheet and couldn't find one common set of settings. Everyone had something a little different, be it location, bike set up, pilot jet or modifications. And none went on a Dyno with before and after tests. So, IMHO, those are all guesses and seat of the pants feelings. It was rather confusing trying to guess which main to get and if I needed a pilot or not. The kit took all the guess work out.

Also, many of us modify in stages, jet kit and airbox first and then exhaust later, for many reasons, some financial, some just like to ride the bike, make a mod, ride it for a while and enjoy that mod then modify it more, ride it for a while.

To each his own. When I added it up, the difference, with the KDX snorkle was only a few dollars. I chose to run without the airbox lid and thus, the overall price difference was nill and I have everything I need (and instructions) for when I add an exhaust.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:25 PM

ORIGINAL: marc11

Most mods do not require a new pilot jet and from what I have read the jury is still out. General rule is if you need to turn the mixture screw out more than 3.5 turns go up one size in the pilot jet, less than one turn go down one size. Right now, I am at 2.5 turns so I am fine.
Me too!

Old 03-22-2007, 06:46 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

Im at 2 turns (koubalink) and #40 pilot, #128 main, 2cnd notch, drilled slidewith uni filter, kdx snorkle, smog removed, nobrakes crankcase breather and exhaust and mine runs like a spotted-*** ape with no bogging or backfiring whatsoeverso Im happy.

You guys run whatever you like...makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JB1

mine runs like a spotted-*** ape so Im happy.

I saw one of those once ........... They are FAST!![sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM

I hear ya IG...........

Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks all for the info, I am glad I have found a place that is willing to give my noob *** advice

I think I'll order the kit, because I will be doing the exhaust later on, so I should have all i need for that ..

Again couldn't ask for more in the way of advice. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Kit