Dual Star Contact

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Dual Star Contact

I have been trying to contact DUAL STAR to order a pair of the Adjustable Mirrors however, they don't answer and the voice mail is full. My question is, "Are they still in business and, if not, does anyone have a line on this type of mirror from another outlet?"

Old 10-09-2010, 01:11 AM
1st Gear Member

That's just the way they roll. It took me a month or two to finally get a hold of them and get a pair of bar mounted mirrors, and that was a long time ago. For some reason they won't get with the 21st century and do internet orders like everybody else in the free world.

They're nice people but their bussiness model vexes me. Keep trying is all I can say. I looked all over for a comprable mirror but anything close was outrageously priced and not really what I wanted. Good luck!

Mi

Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 AM
1st Gear Member

They should have a tech support line. Call that number. That is how I finally got through.

Craig

Old 10-09-2010, 04:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Thanks I'll keep on keeping on.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

When you do finally reach them they'll take your order and sit on it until they get a dozen or so orders for the same thing (or whatever number gets them a price cut). THEN they will get the stuff or have some more made.

You can just make some mirrors like that out of cheap bicycle parts, You'll get just as good rear view of your elbow and coat as those give. If your skinny and have a tight fitting coat and don't mind raising your arm BO check style every time you use the mirror they work OK.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RimBender
When you do finally reach them they'll take your order and sit on it until they get a dozen or so orders for the same thing (or whatever number gets them a price cut). THEN they will get the stuff or have some more made.

You can just make some mirrors like that out of cheap bicycle parts, You'll get just as good rear view of your elbow and coat as those give. If your skinny and have a tight fitting coat and don't mind raising your arm BO check style every time you use the mirror they work OK.
Your charaterization of the mirrors is spot on. Very little visibility. You can see vehicles in your periphery after raising your elbow, but that's it. Also objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. But I really like them none the less. They're basically a "see officer, I have mirrors" type of deal if we want to be honest about it. They are ok to help with lane changes, but you can see nothing directly behind you with these mirrors. Really nice on the highway though with wind. Contrary to the dragging Mickey Mouse ears that come with the bike. And off-road, you won't have to worry about them breaking when your bike goes down.

Mike

Old 10-10-2010, 02:00 AM
1st Gear Member

I could build these things and will try to find parts in bicycle shops. I do ride this thing on the street but, I have real street bikes. The mirrors on the KLX are just for the cops. Oklahoma doesn't require turn signals but does demand mirrors. The 351 kit, 36mm carb and the 15 tooth sprocket make this into a real good dual sport. As a 68 year old ex-racer I think this is a great bike. Thanks for the input.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Made contact with Dual Star. Mirrors in stock. Told me they should be here by the end of week. Checked with some local bicycle shops to no avail. Thanks for the advise.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:42 PM
1st Gear Member

I installed the mirrors today. I removed the mirrors from the mounts and reinstalled them from the other direction. After mounting and adjusting I went for a ride. They work great. I can see well enough to the rear however, not as well as with the stockers.

It took longer then hoped to make contact but the rest is good.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Glad it worked out for you. Those mirrors make the bike look much better than the 'mickey mouse ears'.

M