Dual sports= moped

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:50 PM
1st Gear Member

I've owned a few street bikes, dirt bikes, and scooters. If someone can't figure out how to have fun with a motor on 2 wheels, then something is wrong with them. I took my little 110cc scooter to work and all the guys had something to say. None of them own any kind of bike. I offered up the scoot for a test ride and each one of them got in line to ride it and everyone of them had a smile ear to ear while taking their turn. One even offered to buy it. Don't worry about the poser on his polished trophy or the guy with the biting comments. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. Ride and enjoy what you got.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by RockabillSlapMatt
Ok not trying to rip on this guy or anything, but man it really pushed my buttons, he considers supermotos (dual sports) to be in the same class as atvs and mopeds, not in the same class as cruisers and sport bikes. Basically they aren't a street bike and shouldn't be called as such . How ignorant can you get what a doofus... Have you guys ever met a person like this?
If I have the misfortune to meet someone like that I avoid them after that. Idjits like that are best ignored, no point even talking to them.

Ride your own ride.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
If someone can't figure out how to have fun with a motor on 2 wheels, then something is wrong with them....Ride and enjoy what you got.
Amen! I don't know if riders are now trying to distinguish themselves more in a growing overall pool of bike owners, or if I am just getting old & sentimental, but it does seem like there's less camaraderie between 2-wheelers than there used to be.
We're all trying to stay alive; let's stick together!

Old 01-30-2013, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member

The Buell rider in me squirms a little at this vid, but the lover of all things 2-wheeled in me thinks it's fckin awesome!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by go cytocis
The Buell rider in me squirms a little at this vid, but the lover of all things 2-wheeled in me thinks it's fckin awesome!
Polini Evo Twins Zip Vs. Buell xb12s 2nd Run - YouTube

let's see that scooter take a 90 degree turn at a decent speed next

Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
1st Gear Member

that scooter rider is skilled drag racer...look how he puts all his weight to the front....full throttle from start...the buell rider was scared of flipping over and barely feathers the throttle...i have a feeling that scooter rider will dust some sports bikes on the mountain twisties..haha...

Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Would love to see that scotter on the mountain roads

Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Mopeds are super fun, i still kinda miss shredding around town on mine.

https://vimeo.com/10064497

Old 01-30-2013, 07:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lotrat
I've owned a few street bikes, dirt bikes, and scooters. If someone can't figure out how to have fun with a motor on 2 wheels, then something is wrong with them. I took my little 110cc scooter to work and all the guys had something to say. None of them own any kind of bike. I offered up the scoot for a test ride and each one of them got in line to ride it and everyone of them had a smile ear to ear while taking their turn. One even offered to buy it. Don't worry about the poser on his polished trophy or the guy with the biting comments. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that. Ride and enjoy what you got.
Couldn't agree more

It is funny how many people make comments that don't have, or have never ridden a bike.

I would rather have a bike that I use 90% of its capability than a big bike that I use maybe 20% of its ability.

The KLX is a perfect around town bike and weekend warrior. My brother-in-law just bought a $15k 106 cubic in ( over 1700 cc's ) Victory and idles around town with it, can't go down any gravel roads, gets maybe 30 mpg, and has some big monthly payments. So tell me, how is that better?

Would I love to have a $12K KTM ? Sure, but I am pretty sure it won't be given to me for free.

I have nothing against scooters either, they are fun. I like anybody who gets out and rides.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:36 PM
1st Gear Member

My dad and his buddies ride up to blessing of the bikes on 50cc mopeds every spring...

They get tons of compliments and booby flashes from the ladies.

Mopeds are how I got into ridding, I had a dodge truck that got 12mpg... I was 20 then and so broke I was living on a couch at a friends. Dad let me have the moped for that summer... 3 months later and 5000 miles at 80-110mpg. :-)

Quick Reply: Dual sports= moped