dual-sport helmets

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 PM
1st Gear Member
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ITNANTI
love it. could be lighter but for the price you cant beat it. love the binding chin strap, but there is no place to lock it to the bike because of it. red = my hiviz
This lets you lock a helmet with that kind of strap:

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/whiteh...ock-extension#

http://www.whitehorsegear.com/media/.../h/l/hle_5.jpg

Old 04-23-2013, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/...jpg?1363992194

I bought the AGV and the ARAI at the same time. I kept the AGV and sent back the ARAI. the AGV fit me better and it had less wind noise.
I didn't care about the price of the ARAI. If I liked it better I would have kept it. But AGV was the better of the two for me and cheaper too!

http://www.araiamericas.com/default..../black-frost/3

Last edited by onestarr99; 04-23-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
dude that's so cool thanks. ordering one tonight. now if I could only get my lock to stay locked.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Name:  image_zps7c685759.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  61.5 KB

I got the fly trekker and it is awesome . It is a little noisie out on the highway but for 125 bucks it's a good comfy helmet

Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
1st Gear Member

I intend to go to the Iron Pony when I'm in Columbus, Ohio next week to look for a ds helmet. A lot of the local shops only carry a few brands and the only one that doesn't give me a headache is Shoei, but I don't want to pay $6-700 for a helmet that I will only occasionaly wear, that is what my new Shoei Air is for that I'm buying this weekend. I thought about the hornet but no one has my size to try it on. I have a small head.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ahnh666
should i pull the trigger on this?...my icon variant is already starting to fall apart after about 6,000 miles of use....the visor doesn't even close all the way....lining is starting to sag...looking for a new helmet and this looks pretty good...and, thought i go with white....

visor removed...

I had a Marushin street helmet about 25 years ago. Great helmet, had incredibly good vents. I'd do a Marushin in an instant if it fit right.

I have a Joe Rocket Hybrid made by HJC. Nice helmet excellent construction and all - but - the strap rivet is badly placed. The helmet rocks back. For that one thing I cannot recommend it as nice as it really is.

The Fly/AFX helmets (same basic helmet, different name) fit like a glove, but I didn't like the shape. Now I wish I'd gotten one and suffered with the kinda spacey look - after all, when it's on I don't have to look at it.

I would like to buy an Arai since I tried one on and it fit great, but that's a ways off cashwise. If I had the money I'd do it.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Quite happy with my trekker. Going to try it in a motocross race this year. Should get some looks on the starting line

Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
1st Gear Member

On the trekker/afx , the space down by the chin is a little cold on a chilly morning , but I just throw a fleece face mask on and go !

Old 04-25-2013, 02:36 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tjw24
On the trekker/afx , the space down by the chin is a little cold on a chilly morning , but I just throw a fleece face mask on and go !
Interesting...most all decent motorcycle jackets out there...dirt or street...have a velcro collar design that sort of pushes up into the bottom of any full coverage helmet when you want it to block wind and such...and then open up and lay down more when you want ventilation. Maybe a better jacket design is in order?

Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ITNANTI
love it. could be lighter but for the price you cant beat it. love the binding chin strap, but there is no place to lock it to the bike because of it. red = my hiviz
Go to a good hardware store and find a short, coated, steel cable with loops in each end. Get a small quality lock. This compact, light combination will give you all the options you need to fasten your helmet to any place on the bike or on another fixed object if you desire. I love this setup, as it allows me to secure my helmet anywhere...through the eye port/chin bar...so I can go for a short hike on places off the trail where you can't ride the bike...or the parking lot of the local Lowe's.

Quick Reply: dual-sport helmets