Doskocil, Pelican a little different-new pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 05:28 AM
Default Doskocil, Pelican a little different-new pics

Needed a little cargo space but did not want to modify bike itself, so all cases and boxes are easily removeable
[IMG][/IMG]
Rear box holds two fuel bottles (1/2 gallon total) outdoor kit, first aid kit, rain gear,couple bottles of water, bungee cords
[IMG][/IMG]
Both boxes installed using rubber lined clamps, bolts with wingnuts, and rubber washers
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Larger camera bag installed using two nylon straps 3" long, folded in half to make a loop and melting a hole through both loose ends with a hot awl and screwing it to the plastic seat frame on back with screws just long enough to get through plastic and be flush under seat padding, bag is secured with a carabiner hooked through loop, pops right off to take gps and phone with me
[IMG][/IMG]
Smaller camera bags (less than $1 at wal-mart) have a belt loop which i cut at bottom making it just a flap and melted a hole in strap with a hot awl and ran top bolt for plastic through it and it just hangs there

Sorry to all about the small pics seems it was a glitch in XP cache (Microsoft says) anyway i got the fix, and again thanks deej

Old 05-23-2006, 05:49 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Doskocil, Pelican a little different

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

LOL just kidding man, but we do need the pics if you get it figured out.

Old 05-23-2006, 06:08 AM

Yes i would love to figure it out , it says the files are to large and it wont let me attach either, bummer by the way deej thanks for the welcome mat! i may figure this out sooner or later

Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 AM
1st Gear Member

where are your pics located? If on Photobucket then click on properties on each picture and insert it between the [IMG][/IMG] bracket in the middle. Oh and again welcome.

deej

Old 05-23-2006, 06:41 AM

All of my pics are more than 200KB limit and i dont know how to cure that wont let me upload says files are to large

Old 05-23-2006, 07:24 AM
1st Gear Member

no that can't be right I just looked at a couple pics on the site from other members and they are 3-400 kb so there must be some other reason.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:26 AM
1st Gear Member

oh you are trying to host pics here and you need to host them on another site then copy properties here.

hey e-mail me the pics and I'll host them until you get this figured out

dkettel@centurytel.net

Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 AM
1st Gear Member

just a warning to not overload the rear rack.
I had a 1 gallon gas can bungeed to the back of the bike and i ended up breaking part of the rear frame by the helmet lock.thankfully only on one side.
I do ride quite aggressivly and it took 3500 km to break.
I just finished welding it back together and adding a gusset to make things a little stronger.thankfully I have just mounted up the acerbis tank and no longer need the extra fuel.
so just a friendly reminder

Just if you carry anything on the back rack keep checking your frame.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 AM

Yes i was very aware of the weight, total as described is less than 9 lbs. including box, also i read a thread about a aux. tank mounted on the rear rack and the cracking it caused, yours maybe? and i am keeping a close watch on the welds and bolts and i should have stated the weight as i did weight it to be sure. thanks for pointing it out as it is an important issue

Old 05-23-2006, 09:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Any chance of some slightly larger pictures as I can't see a darn thing. For my photohost I use www.tinypic.com . They don't have a file size limit but they will resize all of your pictures to be under 250 K. They also don't have a gallery like photobucket but for a free host they are great, no upload limit either considering they don't have a gallery. Tinypic also hosts videos now too. The description sounds good but on my laptop screen the pics are itty bitty.