little more info for little bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member
Default little more info for little bike

good evening guy's,
wanted to post a little info i have gathered thru owning a klx300r for 6yrs and the new klx250s. both great bikes, loving new klx250s
on street. i just tryed putting on my acerbis 3.9 tank on the klx250s fits perfectly on stock bike, no mods no cutting no changing, the
wiring and still have the fan installed. and the nice thing about this tank protects radiators well. proven on klx300r.
also just my knowledge of these bikes as far as the valve life goes in my experience. these bikes like to be short shifted and dont like to be bouncing off the rev limiter. shortens valve life. but if you keep premium fuel and check the valves about twice a year on klx300r
no problems. like i said ive had my klx300 for 6 years know trail riding in colorado. never but never had a failure from this bike. im
hoping for the same from little 250s.
when i first got my bike i talked to a guy that rented the 300r, and he said keep good gas in it, ckeck valves and don't live on the rev
limiter and it will last for ever. and so far no problems from mine. and yes i have done all the free mods to 300r. but no big bore
kit and no exhaust, sorry like it quiet.
sorry for the long post, hope this helps on motor longegivity. just my opinion

Old 04-20-2006, 10:30 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: little more info for little bike

Welcome!

Great news about the tank! Got pictures?

Old 04-20-2006, 02:57 PM

I'm in total agreement with you Todd on the great news about the Acerbis tank! [sm=nxsmile.gif]

The tank should be here in a couple of days! [sm=happy046.gif]

Then I start saving up for that awesome sounding Muzzy exhaust system.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:59 PM

What do you guys think about a white brothers system for the KLX 250, would it be as good as a muzzy?

Old 04-20-2006, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Im with the other guys... I would really like to see that tank. I want a larger tank but im not wanting to do all those mods to get it to fit. If you have one that goes right on... let me know... thanks.. and if you have pics...

Old 04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KAWASAKIspeed

good evening guy's,
my acerbis 3.7tank on the klx250s fits perfectly on stock bike, no mods no cutting no changing, the
wiring and still have the fan installed. and the nice thing about this tank protects radiators well. proven on klx300r.
Pics, petcock(Marty)? pics, color match? pics, how much gas stays in them shrouds? pics, need the rubber klx strap for mounting at the base under the seat? PICS please.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Pssst...Don't scare the new guy away with all the questions.[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey dazjr, do you have to listen to Glen Campbell's 'Wichita county lineman' more than once a day?[sm=headbang.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 10:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Okay, so I had to google "Glen Campbell's 'Wichita county lineman'". I know almost nothing about Glen Campbell, let alone the song 'Wichita county lineman'. This is what I came up with... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_Lineman... I'm not sure if I feel smarter for knowing this or not.[sm=nerd.gif][sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM

ORIGINAL: a16tony

Hey dazjr, do you have to listen to Glen Campbell's 'Wichita county lineman' more than once a day?[sm=headbang.gif]

That question kind of dates you Tony!

Heck that was one of the most popular songs when I was stationed in Japan back in the 60's! Almost every bar I visited had a copy of the song and they played in continuously!

Quick Reply: little more info for little bike