Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!

OK....I finally got everything installed.I put on the fender last week and the bagZ today......all i can say is that everything is DAMN sweet ....fender installation was a PITA but besides that? all was good.......to anyone that buys the Acerbis supermoto fender mark your side to side centers on 32.5 MM for the drill holes.... that is the width...and darned if i cannot remember the lenght...58.5mm i think but DO NOT HOLD ME TO IT!!!!...LOL...a six pack of brew mounted it.....
The dirt bagz and frames are BAD ***....perfect fit and they look sweet....I'm begining to not miss placing an order for a beemer every time i look at my little D-S beast....Instead i smile...I will be doing alot of 250cc ADV riding this year and i already have 2 trips planned....
Name:  DSCF1914.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  584.9 KB
The frames
Name:  DSCF1913.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  51.1 KB
Rear view of frames
Name:  DSCF1915.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  608.8 KB
Name:  DSCF1910.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  53.8 KB
Name:  DSCF1905.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  60.0 KB
ok now the sizes are more in check...LOL....I am the king of king size pics...LOl....If anyone has any 1 specific view they want to see just let me know and i will get it...
Name:  DSCF1903.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  86.9 KB
Name:  DSCF1909.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  17.8 KB
from above....The factory "trashbag" is un-usable with the saddlebags.....which is fine with me because i have only ever use it one time and it is not water resistant in any way!!!!!!
Name:  DSCF1900.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  46.2 KB
Rear view......It looks "hot" from behind....and yes i am a rear view fan.
Name:  DSCF1899.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  17.5 KB
My bike is HOT...LOL........I'm really getting a chuckle out of seeing my bike transform into an ADV touring ride.....LOL...small displacement .yes. but a whole lot of darn fun .....
Name:  DSCF1898.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  18.2 KB
This summers planned trip is Niagra Falls on my own from Philly......It's my first adventure .....and i have a stop in Watertown ,Ny to see a buddy.....and some back roads....a nice 5 day dirt trip.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!

Deej you can delete my plate if you want but I really see no point in doing that....as any monkey on the road could get me from it.....
I'm not ashamed of my plate...My wife calls me tweek 93 now....LOL.....

Old 02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks good. How do you like that Pelican? Which size is thatone? The same as Deej's?
db

Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

looks good man.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

A stop in Watertown huh, thats about 2 hrs South of me if you head up rt 11, only 2 turns required too

Bags look great! I'm still not sold on the fenders but to each their own.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:09 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

that is one beefy looking top case. It looks like its water proof is it?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM
1st Gear Member

The case is a Pelican 1200 .....It is waterproof and crash proof with a warranty....check them out.My 1200 has been proof enough thru a few crashes and she is just fine.the bike?...that's another story of broken parts....

Old 02-29-2008, 10:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Bryanjt,,,....I am planning my route....I will be camping at a friends place up on Tugg hill...and i will ride some of the fire /sled trail/roads while i'm up there.suggestions for the route?
I was thinking rt.32-611 to Martins Creeks....(hike Bushkill falls)
An then head north,,,,well...darn......that's as musch as i have.....my mind is in the gutter....(twisties).....[&o]

Old 02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Looks great, Truckman! You should be able to carry quite a bit in there. Strap a sleeping bag and tent up above on the seat and you should be able to have quite a trip and be self sufficient.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:22 AM
1st Gear Member

Truckman! That's freakin awesome! You don't no how much I appreciate those photos of the frames...especially on the right hand side. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I've been wanting those frames for quite some time but didn't want send them back after finding out they don't clear my muffler or some such headache.

They look great! Ihad the AcerbisSupermoto fender forawile, but opted for one of the newer, longer KX style fenders becauseofcoverage. Thatin it'self wouldn't have been enough to make a change, but scuffing-up theAcerbis when I had to lay her downnudged me in that direction .

Quick Reply: Dirt bagz and new fender!!!!