Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 PM
1st Gear Member
Default deej question anyone else comment as well

never mind

Last edited by wynn711; 07-18-2011 at 10:50 AM. Reason: no response
Old 02-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I live in pittsburgh pa, i have had my bike down to FL to ride. It ran fine for me, didnt seem to run any better/worse... maybe the air fuel ratio was better down in FL for your bike, Higher elevation means less air, so lower elevation means more air... so if your bike got more air and ran better im thinking its a little rich and the more air leaned it out and made it run better.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wynn711
It really screams here in FL
Of course it does..the salt air here in Flatistan tightens the seal on your rings and increases compression.

I was just 30 miles due west of you last weekend, ya should come out some time. This pic would be pointing at your house.

Name:  Picture009.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  130.2 KB

Oh...it's not all about riding, we grill too.

Name:  raceday001.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  65.5 KB

Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Get one of these for your car...an "Add a Bike" carrier, thats what I got and they are made locally here in S Fl

and what you got cooking there? Gator Tail!
Those are ribs roflmao .... but grilled gator...mmmm.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Looks like to me you guys are just drinking beer and cooking and thinking about riding! The bikes are all clean, no dirt here just slick sand like ice and will throw you *** in a heartbeat.
Come on out, you'll need a bike carrier just to get home because your legs will have that Elvis twitch going on.

Bikes are clean cause we don't fall down....well much...and it was raining remember, its white soft sand....not nasty Kentucky dirt.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Ok Wynn....I was just looking at google earth....we were a little farther from the Cape than I thought. We got no one spot....I gotta get off the net and tend to family. my cell is 561 202 7172

Perhaps the weekend after next, I got a phishing tournament next weekend.

Looking forward to hearing and riding with ya.....hey what are all the mods you've done to the klx?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Of course it does..the salt air here in Flatistan tightens the seal on your rings and increases compression.

I was just 30 miles due west of you last weekend, ya should come out some time. This pic would be pointing at your house.

Oh...it's not all about riding, we grill too.

Salt Air Increases compression? Really? I would think Florida would be the mecca of motorsports if that were the case. Or...... were you kidding? Not trying to argue but I was a mechanic for over 20 years and never heard that before.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Still have two new 606 rear tires, I can see you guys are running the tire you suggested and I will need it in the sand but the Dunlop really feels smooth on the bloacktop at high speeds.

What tyre for the sand? Enlighten me.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gerrynolan
Salt Air Increases compression? Really? I would think Florida would be the mecca of motorsports if that were the case. Or...... were you kidding? Not trying to argue but I was a mechanic for over 20 years and never heard that before.
Of course it does, basic thermodynamics ..... why do you think the Daytona 500 started here....those cars racing on the beach were fast for a reason.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WestOzKLX
What tyre for the sand? Enlighten me.
I really like the Kenda Trackmaster II rear for soft sand and longevity .... their front kinda sucks and I have not really decided on a good front that I would recommend for soft sand and decent longevity on asphalt....if you find one post up. I just ordered a MT16 for my adv.....gonna give it a good asphalt test and see how she lasts.....but I think you could do better for the klx, perhaps not thou.

Last edited by Finger Mullet; 02-22-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Quick Reply: deej question anyone else comment as well