Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: DEEJ DID A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

deej's klx GVWR .... 600 lbs...

Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 AM
1st Gear Member

[align=left]Nice work, hope you have no issues transporting cans (even empty) on the ferry. I was startled to see dirt and grime under your fenders though. What's with that?
[/align]

Old 07-02-2008, 04:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Now we all know where those street signs went. And Kerosene can for Water? Next it will be a Diesel can for orange juice.

Nice job on the mod. I'm still scooting around with the stock tank. Wisely plan your route, you may never know when the fun will really begin.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej make sure the rivets are not going to touch the cans otherwise they will wear a hole through the plastic and you will have leaks.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Yea I plan on bungees and also the kerosene can I picked up because its blue and easily spotted as a color for water. The mud under the fender is actually oil sling from the chain.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaverickAus

Deej make sure the rivets are not going to touch the cans otherwise they will wear a hole through the plastic and you will have leaks.
Yea that's the first thing I checked before going too far into the project. Because the cans are rounded on the bottom, they are not even close to the rivets. But thanks.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:30 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

very interesting deej, good idea, but 2 questions come to my mind.... what happens when you lay it over, with that added weight down low it will be more likely to lay down, and thats all aluminum.... bends easy. How does it look with the cans out of the holders and the holders folded up? they wont fold up that far will they? I think i would have tried to slide the cans back as far as i could, looks like you could have tied a support into the rear number plate bolt.... good job man,

+1 on the pic of you on it with the cans and your feet on the pegs.... good idea man.

Old 07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Well a couple of things, first off I don't lay my bike down.[8D] And second I placed the cans right where they are because the farther back you go the wider the profile gets and the farther out the weight gets. I'll get a picture out soon of me on the bike. Guys....keep in mind that this was born out of my need for more fuel being way up in the mountains on mytrip to Canada, and while I hope to use them on more than just that occasion, its going to be the rare occasion perhaps only one trip each year. But then again I'm always out on an 80 mile ride around here out in the boonies, so who know this might come in morehandy than projected. I guess I better call customs and ask if I can bring over new gas cans huh? That would suck to get to the border and I have to toss them. [&:]

Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

deej- nice job and very creative, looks really nice. I won't criticize you at all but I will add that maybe youcould have went further and maybe added some type of convertible peg with like a cotter pin to hold it orsomething on the mounts to release the cans when you don't really need them. just a thought. I'd hate to think those were on my bike ALL THE TIME. I applaud your craftsmanship and hey, if you like it that's all that matters. I think it's a great idea honestly.

Old 07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear Member

Actually all you have to do to remove them right now is that single Allen bolt in the foot peg. I could take them off in 30 seconds. But I am going to add a second point of contact. Oh and that's why I was looking for a second set of foot pegs.

Quick Reply: DEEJ DID A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!