De badged

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Smile De badged

Just de badged my bike. Loved the new look.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
1st Gear Member

It amazes me how some people pay hundreds for a new set of stickers, and others pull off the stickers they already had...

Personally, I don't like anything that has been de-badged. Right or wrong, "de-badged = crashed", in my mind... especially when it comes to street bikes and snowmobiles. When I buy something used, I simply won't even look at something that has had all the factory graphics removed from it.

That's just me though... so YOU do what you want to make yourself happy!

(Funny how you left the graphics on the hand guards though...)

Old 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Lol. Just want to be different. Can't remove the handguard graphics . It's painted.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Sandpaper will solve that.

I also de-badge my stuff... I hate when companies do their hardest work on making their silly logo or brand name un-removable.. e.g. My phone... I don't need to be reminded it's a Samsung every time I use it.. I know what it is...

I left the KLX250SF logo on the side plastics just to break up the look a little bit.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Borg
Sandpaper will solve that.

I also de-badge my stuff... I hate when companies do their hardest work on making their silly logo or brand name un-removable.. e.g. My phone... I don't need to be reminded it's a Samsung every time I use it.. I know what it is...

I left the KLX250SF logo on the side plastics just to break up the look a little bit.
Thanks for the idea. I'll do it tonight

Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 AM
1st Gear Member

I like it.

I removed all the chrome from my car.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Removed my side decals too, last summer. Figured that maybe it would help to be just a little bit more visible in the parking lot and intersections with all the black stripes and letters gone.

Kawi hi-vis green doesn't occur too much in nature so maybe a cage driver will notice it in between looking at text messages...

Old 05-02-2012, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I like it too. (I still wish I could have gotten a green one rather than red.)

Originally Posted by rgoers
... Right or wrong, "de-badged = crashed", in my mind... especially when it comes to street bikes and snowmobiles. When I buy something used, I simply won't even look at something that has had all the factory graphics removed from it.
In my mind, knobby tires = crashed. And I don't see that as a bad thing...unless it is (damaged hard parts).

But this should bring up another point (at least for dirtbikes): if you find a used one with mint OEM plastics and graphics...you may want to look deeper into the bike for other signs of wear. A common tactic for people who turn over bikes frequently is buy aftermarket plastic right away and save the OEM stuff for resale time. On the other hand, there a many who just put new aftermarket plastic at sale time to put a fresh look on an old bike.

A bike may look great externally, but that doesn't always mean it's OK inside. It might be powerwashed after every ride so it's nice and shiny...but also has ruined suspension and wheel bearings from water contamination. And then there are bikes that look beat to hell, even though they've been kept mechanically tip-top.

I guess bottom line, plastic condition can only hint at what lies beneath (and it can easily tell a lie).

Old 05-02-2012, 02:14 AM
1st Gear Member

Would you be interested in trading red plastics for black?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Borg
Would you be interested in trading red plastics for black?
I might be, but quite honestly mine are a bit scuffed up from woods work.