Close Call Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Sad fact but it's all on you man. You need to watch out for the mini van's, Tractor Trailer's, dog's, Horse farmer's with leather straps across the road etc....These are just a few of the close calls I narrowly escaped. Keep your eyes peeled for a "way out". Never assume that someone see's you because they often do not. Remember it's a small world....I once screamed at a lady that ran me off the road and she turned out to be my guitarist's wife. stick to the road less traveled. I don't recommend any bike as a commuter vehicle. That's just Russian roulette. Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gerrynolan
Sad fact but it's all on you man. You need to watch out for the mini van's, Tractor Trailer's, dog's, Horse farmer's with leather straps across the road etc....These are just a few of the close calls I narrowly escaped. Keep your eyes peeled for a "way out". Never assume that someone see's you because they often do not. Remember it's a small world....I once screamed at a lady that ran me off the road and she turned out to be my guitarist's wife. stick to the road less traveled. I don't recommend any bike as a commuter vehicle. That's just Russian roulette. Just my 2 cents.

Are you still in the band?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

I understand your anger complety!!! People don't see us...just the other day I have some lady come up to a stop sign look to her left ...nothing was coming so she ran it little did she know that I was coming on up to the intersection on her right side...I had the right of way but she never knew I was there...I expect those things to happen...People always pull out in front of me cut me off and so on and so on...Just remember they don't see you no matter what!!! Remember that and you will stay shiny side up!!!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:11 AM
1st Gear Member

few weeks ago I was on my first big ride with the new bike and had a close call in town. i was turning left on a green, other dude was coming up a hill and turning right (he has a yield) and obviously didn't see me turning left. he just kept on going and never slowed down (or saw me for that matter) i had to brake and give him the room he needed but i was pissed afterwards. you guys are right though, see and be seen seems to be a good rule of thumb around here. i'd rather be wrong than dead and right any day

Old 05-16-2009, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Just take a deep breath and let it go. Pull off the highway and go ride a trail. Big smiles all round by the time you get home. People in tin boxes.??

Old 05-16-2009, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Basically when you're riding, pretend that you are invisible and NO ONE sees you.

Most of the time it's true!

Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Are you still in the band?
Unfortunately not, I'm out 10-12 days at a time driving the Big Rig and can't commit to any Gig's. I'm missing it pretty bad. I'll never give up the dream though. Some day I'll play bass full time.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Melyza_Cheerleader
Who? Me ?
We need more of these here... Huba, huba...

Old 05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx250scott
We need more of these here... Huba, huba...
I bet you that's a picture of her neice or something. She says she's french. I bet she is, parle vous, BULLSHYT.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dacoontz
I bet you that's a picture of her neice or something. She says she's french. I bet she is, parle vous, BULLSHYT.
Yeah, it's probably IG incognito!

Quick Reply: Close Call Today