Close Call Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Angry Close Call Today

This just happened... so i'm venting.

<Rant>
I'm a complete newby. I've had my 09 for just over a year now and don't even have 2000 kms on it yet. First bike ever.

Today was the first day i rode to work... on the way home, i'm doing 10 over the limit (keeping up with traffic) on a side road that's 50km/h. I'm in my blocking position (left tire track of the lane) and a street is coming up on the right side with NO TURNING LANES.

This F-ing C*NT in a minivan actually passed me (ON THE RIGHT SIDE!) by blowing around me in the "intersection"!!! she cut back in front of me, now she's behind the vehicle that was in front of me... idiot.

There's a red light up a head, i'm going left, she's going straight. I pull up beside her in the turn lane and honk... no response... honk again and yell.. no response.... so i pull my bike in front of her (perpendicular to the lane.. light still red) and give her hood a few taps.

She starts freaking out.. ends up reversing... does a U-turn and books it out of there.

Man... i wished i lived in the states. I'd definitely carry a gun. </RANT>

any advice for a newby? (besides, don't park your bike perpendicular to traffic to yell at someone)

Last edited by higgs; 05-15-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

OMG poor you! looks like your having a really bad day! I would of slashed her tires :S lol

Old 05-15-2009, 07:16 PM
1st Gear Member

LOL who is that ^?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Who? Me ?

Old 05-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

My advice, 1st - don't carry a gun in situations where emotions run high. Sounds like riding in traffic does that to you. You could be looking at spending the rest of your life in prison right now if you had been, instead of posting here ranting about a close call.

2nd, when on a bike, yield, yield, yield, no matter how *right* you think you are. Otherwise, you could be *dead right*.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ya, a gun only would have made that situation worse, carry spark plug shards instead (break up the white part). one or two of those to a window will leave a nasty crack, and they cant tell what did it (if you dont make it obvious).

Old 05-15-2009, 08:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Even living in the states, there are certain laws and regs you have to follow before you can even carry a handgun. And each state varys.

Don't feel too bad about the close call. There will be many more in the near future. Just be lucky enough that you had a road to stay on. She could have ran you off. And as posted earlier, yield, it just might save your life.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:40 PM
1st Gear Member

She will probably have an everlasting fear or hatred for bikes now, either way she will be more careful from now on. Probably would have been better to keep your cool and just explained to her she needed to pay closer attention.

Last edited by Xplosivo1; 05-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Nobrakes said it perfectly.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:02 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

even my bike is that "oh so hard to see lime green" i try to figure on that no one sees me and expect anyone to do something stupid. we might have done the same to motorcycle before we became motorcycle happy. since i became interested i have noticed more around me. havent had a close call (yet) but i have noticed that on sharp turns some people coming towards me dont mind hogging the road. guess they think i only need about 2 feet of pavement! grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Quick Reply: Close Call Today