Checking in from Thailand, Laos, etc on the KLX

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 04:29 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Checking in from Thailand, Laos, etc on the KLX

First off thanks for all the support and props. The stories and pics are a bit thin though. I've lost my internet connection and cannot get it teinstalled in the apartmnent. This means the 1000 pics I have from Laos and cambodia along with stories of tossed in jail for gun running, bivoucs in the jungle, hanging with the Hmong resistance fighters in Laos, etc will have to wait when i'm back in the states. I've got another month or so of riding before coming home so I'm squeaking as much in as possible.

Yep you guys would love thrashing the KLX over here. The off road riding goes on forever without any interference from people or the law. You pass through someones garden, smile and say hello and they chat with you offering directions. Quite a change from the states with the BLM rangers and people harrassing you for riding off road.

Tremor thanks a bunch digging up the fische on the bike. You're the man. You're right,I need the middle magnet. The darn magnet shattered when my front wheel bearings went in Laos. In the states I can order OEM parts off the internet from sights such as BikeBandit. Does Japan have such a resource to order the part? or any other ways of ordering a part? I have a friend going there in December but only for a week, so iam scared it may be backordered and she would not get it in time before she left.

yes the cams did away with some of the bottom end, however even with the stock cams, the motor would not pull the skin off some custard. I'm thinking on my return to pick up an FCR 35. I tried to find one before I left but could not locate them since they are not produced anymore. Maybe even bring the cylinder over and bore it out. Hmmmm decisions decisions.

I just converted the bike back to motard trim for a couple day thrash through the mountains up near the Manmar border.

Once again thanks a bunch for your guys input and help. Good luck.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, quit running with the group! At least you are not in jail over seas.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Great write up - I was getting worried that the jungle had swallowed you and the KLX up! But you're living the dream!!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream."
-Samuel Langhorne Clemens