Caryying extra gear??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Backpackers and mountaineers have been carrying whistles for a long time now. . . you can only yell for help for a little while but you can whistle for help all day and all night (three sharp whistles in rapid succession). Good call. . . .

Old 01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
1st Gear Member

haha thanks yeah, it never hurts to be over prepared

Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 AM
1st Gear Member

MAN! That's alot of useless stuff. Here's hoping it stays useless. well, other than the lighters and the weed. Sending up smoke signals is a dying art.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by horizonod
other than the lighters and the weed. Sending up smoke signals is a dying art.

haha,, yeah, now I know what I will tell the DNR while im out token in the woods haha

Old 01-08-2009, 03:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Remember to tell them you were SO lucky to find the weed stuffed in the knot hole of a tree. You weren't sure if it was legal to burn any native flora so the weed came in super handy for your smoke signal practice.

I got my maxpedition pack today and strapped it on for size. It fits the rear rack beautifully. It flattens out nicely with just my tire kit in it and it expands well enough to hold a couple of small reels, tackle, bait, a couple drinks and some other tools and what nots. The tire kit fits perfectly and you hardly notice it's there.

Mounted the new rod n tube up front and can still get to my key really easily. It fits tight as a drum and is pretty well protected.

So far, so good.

Name:  maxpacked.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  maxpackstuffed.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  42.2 KB

Name:  maxtc2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:  maxtc2.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:  mfishrodmount.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  16.3 KB

I might look into the next size up. I think they have one a little wider that has a pouch on each side for a 16 - 24 oz bottle of watter or fuel.

Unsnap the main buckle and a couple of bungees and shes mobil.

This isn't a sales call but if anybody thinks they would like a maxpedition pack, pelican case or other like item, (flashlights, survival gear, knives, multitools, glo stix etc, PM me. Find the lowest retail price you can and I'll beat it. My way of saying "thanks for all the tips, tricks n general help you guys have freely and, for the most part, kindly offered.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
maxtc2.jpg (17.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Jrock420, Nice list. I'd need to add a couple bags of chips for the muchies
SlapDrum

Old 01-08-2009, 03:45 AM
1st Gear Member

*munchies

Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SlapDrum
Jrock420, Nice list. I'd need to add a couple bags of chips for the muchies
SlapDrum
haha yeah,, I usually have some type of energy bar, or nuts and crap lol

Originally Posted by horizonod
Remember to tell them you were SO lucky to find the weed stuffed in the knot hole of a tree. You weren't sure if it was legal to burn any native flora so the weed came in super handy for your smoke signal practice.

I got my maxpedition pack today and strapped it on for size. It fits the rear rack beautifully. It flattens out nicely with just my tire kit in it and it expands well enough to hold a couple of small reels, tackle, bait, a couple drinks and some other tools and what nots. The tire kit fits perfectly and you hardly notice it's there.

Mounted the new rod n tube up front and can still get to my key really easily. It fits tight as a drum and is pretty well protected.

So far, so good.

I might look into the next size up. I think they have one a little wider that has a pouch on each side for a 16 - 24 oz bottle of watter or fuel.

Unsnap the main buckle and a couple of bungees and shes mobil.

This isn't a sales call but if anybody thinks they would like a maxpedition pack, pelican case or other like item, (flashlights, survival gear, knives, multitools, glo stix etc, PM me. Find the lowest retail price you can and I'll beat it. My way of saying "thanks for all the tips, tricks n general help you guys have freely and, for the most part, kindly offered.
thats a nice lil bag,, glad it works for your liking,, maybe when I get a rack, thats the route ill go, but until then ill just back pack it... the backpack kinda sux though, when its all hot and chit outside lol

Old 01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't think I'd like having a pack of any size on my back. Seems like it would effect balance but alot of people do it.

I might get a small pack for the front headlight faring or maybe move this one up there and get a little bigger one for the rear rack.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:54 AM

I use an ultra lite fishing rod and reel from Diawa. It comes in a small hard plastic case that can fit right on your luggage rack. Great for small streams and ponds.