Carb Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 04:22 AM
JB1
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Carb Mod

Just curious...but did you remove the gas tank?

Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep, tank is off. I did manage to bugger up a phillips screw. It is the one holding on the chromebracket for the throttle cables on the right side of the carb. Probablyhad locktite on the threads. Will need to pick up a impact driver to get it off and replace it. Any thoughts on a good impact driver? Bigger hammer, now were talkin...

Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

So how did it go?.....finish yet?

Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Yup the carb is the biggest pain in the ***. I don't ever want to have to dig in to it again[:'(]. I got it working the way I like though so hopefully I will never need to take it out again. Hope everything is working out ok. The tank isn't hard either, but its really not as simple as it should be. For some reason I hate putting the tank back on too, its a pain also, but not even close to what the carb is.
I never took the carb off the bike, I did all my work leaving the carb on the bike.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Carb is back on with the following changes. N1TC Needle set at second slot - #128 Main jet - #40 pilot - Koubalink T handle air screw - slide vent drilled 7/64 - DeSmogged - K&N with backfire screen removed - Crankcase mod with PCV valve and Uni filter to the outside - High flow snorkel - Muzzy full system - Carb Y mod - and Utah Skid Plate. I need to adjust the throttle cables today and put the tank back on. Then thebig test, will it start You guys have been a great help as well as a bad influence. Butthis is what it is all about, the "fun factor". And I only have 170 miles on this thing. Thanks again..

Old 02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
JB1
1st Gear Member

damn...you did it all...hope you took lots of pics [sm=wootwoot.gif]

be sure to fill out the form in this thread https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_67995/tm.htm

Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Now comes the fun part when you figure out that one of the settings is off and you have to dig back in to the carb to get it right, argggg[:@]. Lol, hopefully everything was done right the 1st time, I remember I had to dig in about 3 times before all was good.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Incabiker,
Hopefully I read enough of yours/everyone's past posts and have the jetting right. I did notice that when I replaced the air screw that the factory one was bottomed out. I wonder how the bike ever ran like that. And it did run good. Another thing that I might mention is the fork settings. One was set on 12 clicks and the other 7 clicks. I changed them both to 4 for my 185 lb carcass.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:07 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fishfinder

Incabiker,
Hopefully I read enough of yours/everyone's past posts and have the jetting right. I did notice that when I replaced the air screw that the factory one was bottomed out. I wonder how the bike ever ran like that. And it did run good. Another thing that I might mention is the fork settings. One was set on 12 clicks and the other 7 clicks. I changed them both to 4 for my 185 lb carcass.
sounds like a great job man... 4 clicks on the front forks.. sounds like your ready for the MX track!!! Let us know how she jumps/lands!!

Did you adjust out the rear shock compression and rebound settings as well??

Quick Reply: Carb Mod