Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Default RE: Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?

LOL, nicely done.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Neil, that is the most underhanded, weasley, dishonest, noncommunicating, disrespectful, sad and pathetic way I have ever heard of trying to get a new bike EVER!!! I can't believe that you did it, I can't believe you haven't got caught. I, I, I, ........can't believe I didn't think of something like that first.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

very very sneaky there neil [sm=icon_sneaky.gif] i like it ......lol

Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 PM
1st Gear Member

I can't believe how hard that story made me laugh. Not a good way to build trust but...

I can't throw stones though because back in the day I did something kinda sneaky about 9 years ago. My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I lived in Mendocino. We needed a new car because we only had one p.o.s. (we both just graduated HS and started going to college) so I took a trip back to Sacramento (where we were from) because b.f.e was not turning up any good deals. I told him I was gonna get a used truck for under $1000. I could not find anything so I went to dealership to look at a Toyota P/U (at the time we both dreamed of having a newer Toyota Truck) so I bought one. I got approved, which was an absolute miracle being 18 with no cosigner.

A funny side track--I am mechanically inclined, I took Auto shop for 2 years in high school and my husband has always tinkered with anything that has a motor and i am always right there. So I looked all over this truck it was beautiful nothing wrong with it. Keep in mind Mendocino County is about a 4 hour drive from Sacramento. I was driving my new truck up north totally anxious cause I never bought anything this expensive and I did not tell my man about it. But the truck is handling great--sounds good everything is good. Until I look at the mileage, 2 hours into the trip, 107,000! I about had a heart attack I cannot believe I crawled under this truck, inspected the engine, looked for any sign of an accident and did not notice the mileage. Now I knew Toyotas had a good reputation but the mileage freaked me out.

Anyways I pull up in my new truck and my man was actually pretty impressed, a little upset that I did not tell him but he love's the truck so it's all good. I actually still have the truck it now has 280,000 miles on it and still running strong just like my relationship.

Anyways I am not sure why I felt the need to share that but there is a glimpse into my little life. It is slow @ the shop today--I have way too much time on my hands.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:40 PM

lol never gonna work

Old 10-04-2006, 11:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Good story but I really dont have issue's like that. My wife and I keep out money seperate and have since we first got together. It was originally her idea as she didnt want Her Money spent on My stuff or My habits. I was like OK. Now that I make more money then her I kind of like things that way. Sometimes its a pain with major purchases but usually works out ok. This allows me to buy what I want when want. I agree with what others have said, Sooner or later your going to get busted. Have a Good Story Ready......

LV

Old 10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Just the opposite for us - we've always pooled our money into one pot, what's mine is hers and vice versa. She generally keeps the books, though - I check with her on how much we have. I trust her not to "cook the books" As far as buying the bike - we typically do these things in some form of I get something she gets something around the same value.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

yea thats pretty much how my relationship works......
ORIGINAL: Nobrakes

Just the opposite for us - we've always pooled our money into one pot, what's mine is hers and vice versa. She generally keeps the books, though - I check with her on how much we have. I trust her not to "cook the books" As far as buying the bike - we typically do these things in some form of I get something she gets something around the same value.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:03 AM

hey neil... how long have you been married there buddy? cuz, i'm guessing it won't be long.

you know what she'll say WHEN she finds out right? SO WHAT ELSE AREN'T YOU TELLING ME? and the seed of distrust will be sown and you'll be having an affair even if you really aren't.

Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif] thats good....

Quick Reply: Can you boys (and girls) keep a secret?