Camo vinyl wrap on KLX

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Camo vinyl wrap on KLX

I started my camo vinyl wrap install today. I'm really pleased with the results so far. I was able to get both sides of the bike done. I'll finish the fender, headlight and rear deck tomorrow.

Here are some before pics.

After removing the decals

The vinyl wrap came on a 4' x 5' sheet. It cost $90 with shipping and I spent another $60 in supplies to do the install.

Naked bike

All the pieces were washed and prepped for wrapping.

Laying out the first piece. I found doing the majority of the install with the pieces on the bike easiest. I then would remove the piece and work the edges around the back.

Here's the back side of the fairing. I used 3M sealer on the seams to glue it down.

Here are the first couple of completed pieces

Here's the other side

More to follow...

Last edited by Brieninsac; 01-20-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 AM
1st Gear Member

I like it and looks good so far.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM

I like it.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 PM
1st Gear Member

Is this reversible? If it was me, I might have looked at picking up another set of plastics to do the wrap on. Maybe some grungy ones that you could pick up cheap, since you're wrapping them anyway...

Old 01-20-2013, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikesova
Is this reversible? If it was me, I might have looked at picking up another set of plastics to do the wrap on. Maybe some grungy ones that you could pick up cheap, since you're wrapping them anyway...
The wrap is removable. You can just pull it off, no damage to the plastics.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 PM
1st Gear Member

That looks really good. For those of us who have never used a wrap - can you give us the Readers Digest version of the process?

Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Interesting, if it works well and doesn't peel off in the rain and wind, it opens up a lot of possibilities for people who like alternate color schemes and designs.
I don't know about the camo scheme though, I like to be more visible on a bike, not better hidden.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Cool "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Geeez, you're gonna frighten "Moonbeam" followers there in Sacramento with the camo, rifle and general appearance of a outdoors sportsman. You might want to check and see if the lords of the ivory tower there in Sac. haven't passed some kind of law against this. Surely if not, there has to be a tax on it!
Looks great. I like the results so far!
p.s. Hey Brian, after you get this all "gussied up" with camo & weaponry you're not gonna go back to that road that crazy broad chased you on now are ya? ha ha

Old 01-20-2013, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Love it!

Maybe add flat black "Kawasaki" and "KLX250S" cut vinyl logos.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 PM
1st Gear Member

The wrap should last 5+ years. I have one on my trailer and it has lasted over 8 years being parked outside. I figure with my garaged bike it should last at least as long.

I get the point about visibility. But keep in mind only a small portion of the bike is wrapped. Obviously the red would be more visible, but I'm not going to blend into the scenery anymore then say a black bike.

And I have replacement Kawasaki decals to put on when it's done.

I did the headlight and tail last night. Going to work on the fender now before the game. We'll see how far I get. Hopefully I can get it done by tonight.

Quick Reply: Camo vinyl wrap on KLX