Buying Wolfman Luggage in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Buying Wolfman Luggage in Canada

Has anyone in Candaa ordered direct from Wolfman? I'm just wondering if I should expect any crazy brokerage or duty charges when stuff gets here. I learned to question this ever since the time I got stuck with something like $50 in fees for a $95 XM radio a few years ago.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't know about Wolfman specifically but MOST shipping charges are inflated badly when crossing the border.

I've got a friend in Quebec City and I live about 50 miles from the border in Maine. When he runs into a bad shipping charge he has it delivered to my house and then we meet up and have a good day of riding and switch the goods. Nothing but a good days ride that way. Everyone's happy - he gets the goods and I learn a little more French.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by djchan
Don't know about Wolfman specifically but MOST shipping charges are inflated badly when crossing the border.

I've got a friend in Quebec City and I live about 50 miles from the border in Maine. When he runs into a bad shipping charge he has it delivered to my house and then we meet up and have a good day of riding and switch the goods. Nothing but a good days ride that way. Everyone's happy - he gets the goods and I learn a little more French.
Yeah, that's a good deal for him. Shipping is about $30 for a fender bag, and a tail bag. I know that's steep, but it beats buying crap bags somewhere else and losing all my stuff. It's the surprise brokerage fees I'm not so sure about. I'm just over 100 miles from the border, so it isn't really worth it for me to send stuff to Calais and have to go pick it up, unless it's a substantial savings.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Burnaby Kawasaki | Kawasaki dealership in BURNABY, BC V3N 1B9 and Dualsport Plus Adventure Motorcycle & Rider Gear are 2 stores that has wolfman luggage online and they're in Canada. You could buy it from them.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

USPS (postal service) is the only way to get anything from the USA. It's the couriers that charge those outrageous fees to bring things across. Once in a while something shipped USPS will get some fees added by Canada Border Services but those are way less than what the courier would charge (and the couriers always charge all the fees and sometimes even fake "duty" on items that have no duty due).

Old 08-17-2012, 12:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
USPS (postal service) is the only way to get anything from the USA. It's the couriers that charge those outrageous fees to bring things across. Once in a while something shipped USPS will get some fees added by Canada Border Services but those are way less than what the courier would charge (and the couriers always charge all the fees and sometimes even fake "duty" on items that have no duty due).
That's what I wanted to hear. Now that I think about it, the only time I had any problems was with UPS, and Wolfman ships USPS, so I shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks, Ol'